Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Frugal Fun in Cincinnati

So much for blog breaks, right?
Met some friends on the Square last night.
The sun was shining, the breeze was fresh and everyone was out enjoying summer.


We met for dinner at Rockbottom.
I had this awesome wedge salad smothered in blue cheese. The price was right too, under $6!!!
This one is for you Debbie, I know you love these.
Plus a beer special. Equally important on a summer evening with friends.



After dinner we strolled the Square for a bit of people watching.


These gorgeous animals enjoyed the cool water and the spray on their faces.


I loved this moment of caring between the officer and her horse.

Robin Lacy and DeZydeco were playing their brand of Louisiana music and we took a seat and sang along.
There is never a face without a smile in the crowd when these talented musicians perform.
Wish I could share a bit of the sound with you here. Visit their website for a taste. 


A little walk down memory lane. One of my besties, Kathy, was my roomie way back when we were in our early twenties. We live on the first floor of a century old victorian five family. Joani and Robin Lacy lived upstairs. The other tenants were also a mix of musicians and a couple who were landscape designers. Creative people close in age. We had some good old times together. One of those magic pockets of time that is remembered fondly. I have had more than my fair share of those and am so grateful.


Beautiful Joani can really belt a tune.
She is also the author of a wonderfully spooky book, The Legend of Hollister House.
If you love a good ghost story with atmosphere galore, this is a must read.
What a talented pair. The music this couple puts out is just a ball of Cajun style fun.
My bestest Cajun pal Jodie has endeared me to Cajun country forever. We had an awesome time last August on our 10 day Southern road trip
The music really brought the memories back.


Live music, by the best local band around, for free! That is what I call a thrifty night out!
If you get a chance to see Robin and Joani perform, jump on it!


The music ended all too soon.
The lights came up and made the evening enchanting.


If you are in the area check out our fantastic city. Meet up at the Fountain.
You will not be sorry.

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul."
Plato

PS I have lots of links posted in this one. I guarantee each one is worth clicking, Just sayin' is all.

Yours in summer frolics, P.
Pin It!

10 comments:

Snappy Di said...

What a gorgeous fountain! Just wonderful.

Di

Marilyn said...

So much fun..... I think the fountain is beautiful ! ! What a wonderful city!!
Marilyn

JunqueMagnet said...

Man, I have got to get off my rump and really go into Cinci.Five years in OH and I still never get down there.Why does 30 miles seem so far away? Ridiculous.Fountain Square is ever so lovely.Glad you had fun.

Laura said...

What a wonderful time you had and there is nothing, in my book, better than anything Louisiana or Cajun.

I may have been meant to live there!

Love to you Miss Pam-

Laura
White Spray Paint

Condo Blues said...

This post takes me back to when I lived in Cincy. Lunch on the Square in the summer seemed so decadent. Truly a simple pleasure.

Emom said...

Next time I am in town, I am meeting you at the fountain...smiles.

Rettabug said...

Oh YUM! That salad looks mouthwateringly good! We ♥♥♥ blue cheese on anything...in fact, had "black & blue burgers" just last night.

Lovin' that pretty mirror leaning against the wall, too. I had my big one like that till we moved back to Ohio from FL & the grandkids were underfoot lots more. It wasn't safe with they around, so we hung it above the buffet. DH had a ♥ attack the next day! No more big projects for him!!

Hope to get to meet you someday, Hon.
fondly,
Rett

Sue said...

Pam, I haven't been on the square in Cincy for a long time! Looks like you had a fun time. Dayton doesn't have a downtown to speak of anymore. The only thing there is the Schuster Center for shows, concerts, and special events. The city has deteriorated but the 'burbs are alive and that's where I stay. Unless I'm on one of my forays for a flea market or a show! Then it's small town, all the way. *grin* Can't wait to see ya next weekend. We should all have fun. Details this weekend. :-) Sue

Snappy Di said...

Come leave a comment on my blog for the Fairy Hobmother! I did and won a $50 Amazon Gift Cert. Seriously.. come comment and leave your wish.

Di

Susie Q said...

I love these pictures Pam...the ones of the fountain were especially glorious! I need to get back down to FS soon..been too long! You have inspired me to do so!!
Love,
Sue