Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, June 20, 2011

Blog Indecision

Where to go from here?
Decisions should not be made on stormy Monday mornings. 
Waiting is in order.
There is a definite need of a new direction, but which way?



Stay the course, caught in a rut, posting because it has become habit, almost an obligation although I have no idea to whom?
Will changing really matter?


I need new direction. 
This has become a personal journal.
At this point it needs to become more about Frippery, which is personal to me of course, but more a commercial venture as well.
I will think on it for a while.


Meantime, these hollyhocks just keep blooming. Surprising me with a bit of blush amid the vanilla.
I need to capture these moments in time because all to soon they will pass.
Just like life and also opportunity.
It seems my entire family is at a crossroads at this time.
New business ventures for Joe and I. For my children, decisions about the future, a romance ended, too much to sort out swiftly.
We are all in flux


Still the flowers remain, steadfastly blooming, albeit changing daily as well.
Life is growth, change, learning from each new experience.
I still have much to learn.

"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them...every day begin the task anew."
St. Francis DeSales

Yours in renewal, P.


Pin It!

5 comments:

trash talk said...

Pam, I think that's the great thing about living...it's constant change. Sometimes it's for the good...sometimes it's out of our control, but being able to shift is a gift.
I've been having similar thoughts...I knew we shared a brain!
Debbie
P.S. If you love me...send me some seeds when that beautiful hollyhock starts producing 'em!

Marilyn said...

I was told once that you NEVER make decisions won a Monday Morning!! LOL!!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Marilyn

Sea Witch said...

Pam, reassessment is always good. As long as the Hollycocks keep blooming your days will continue well too. I know how you feel about your blog. The "fad" and I hate that word seems to have faded this year and folks just don't visit like they used to or post as much any more. I know I have had to reduce my posts to once or twice a week now because of work commitments. The tough economy has drained what personal time I used to have and I believe that is part of the lack of folks on blogs anymore. Of course, the newness of having a blog has worn off as well with many folks. My advise is if it feels like work, then it is work and you should decide if it has the outcome you are looking for. If not, take a break or just move on to other opportunities. Just let us followers know so we can wish you well and/or look for you again in the future. Sea Witch

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Blogger has been such a headache for everyone this year~~I think it has taken some of the zest out of blogging.
Let me make a suggestion.
Keep your blog *YOU* (which I love).
Move the business aspect to Face Book, and then occasionally do a post here about what is there or vice versa.
Today's post is so lovely and such a respite for this weary soul......
I'm glad it didn't change right now!

XXOO~~
Anne

Erin said...

Hi Pam, I saw you on Sue's list, had to check ya out. I think where you are, lots of people are too, me included. For some reason, this seems to be a time of great decision, growth and learning. For me personally, I am finding the need to reconnect to nature and nourishing my family is the most important. Blogging is taking the backseat as I work through these times. I find that when I am really compelled to do something, there is always a big reason(big in the scheme of it all) and that I shouldn't deny my instinct to do it...so that kind of goes with this comment. I am sending you a nice big warm hug with lots of love, and a smile too:) I am pleased to meet you:)