Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Regaining a Sense of Home

Big plans in my head as the long weekend came. I was going to reclaim home and garden. After being mostly unable to do anything around the house since the middle of February (and I must give credit to sweet hubs and darling daughter, because they did EVERYTHING for me in the cleaning, cooking and tidying department) I was ready to take back the house. Temp job ending and ankle free of plaster, visions of perfection danced in my brain. However, the $#%& ankle is still not on the same page. So I am taking it it slow (kicking and screaming all the way) but slow none the less.


We worked outside all weekend and that just about did the fibula in. Today I decided to do some major indoor cleaning. As I stood in the kitchen I thought I would get a photo or two to help decide what to do about the couch slipcovers. Miss Mustard Seed has such splendid ideas with paint drop clothes. Sounds like just the ticket for washable dreams come true.


Step in a bit closer so you can ignore the color on the slipcovers. See? Neutral is what is called for I believe. Our sofa was carefully ordered several years ago with down filled cushions and two sets of slip covers. One for spring/summer and one for fall/ winter. Now they are sporting a bit of both as the spring cover developed a huge hole and the winter cushion covers had unsightly stains. Plus the whole dry cleaning every six months was murder on the cash flow. Why, you may ask, did all of these awful things happen to my beautiful slip covers? 
Step around the sofa to the other side and I think you will get the picture.


Yes indeedy, this is a place for humans to sit and relax but try telling that to this crew. Really?!? This isn't a super cozy dog bed? Hmmmf, 'how bout that. 'Coulda fooled us! So although I am craving light, and considered white denim, the drop cloth thing is sounding like my best bet. Maybe a couple of sets...


After all, no matter how dainty one tries to be, a little drool always slips out during nap time.


"Folk will know how large your soul is, by the way you treat a dog!"
Charles F. Doran

Yours in puppy love, P.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Awwww.... They are so adorable!! We have the same thing except we have kitties!! Don't cha' just love 'em??!!
Have a Great Day!
Marilyn

Emom said...

I think I would like to come back as one of your pets....smiles.

The Shades of Pink said...

I'm just in awe of how insanely gorgeous and comfortable that room looks (and obviously is!)