Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Checking In, Hope You Are Well and Safe and Dry


Just checking in. Have been gone for a while. I hope you had a beautiful Easter and haven't been too affected by the insane weather lately. Rain rain go away, at least for a bit, please. 
It has been busy around here. My job will be winding up in a week or two as will my physical therapy. Then maybe I can get back to creating and blogging more often. 


I did get to take an all too short weekend in mid April to reconnect with my oh so talented friend Sandy. I left work on a Friday and met Sandy in Columbus for Artiscape. It was freaking fabulous! The teachers were absolutely great and we learned so much. I even made a connection for my daughter in the field of art she is considering as a career.


We spent so much time creating and learning and laughing that I didn't take many pictures. (I was still hobbling around on crutches which is not conducive to pulling out the camera at every photo op.) I will share some pictures of what I made and the wonderful gifts Sandy made for me in a later post. This was my birthday gift from my family and it was too die for. I will never miss another one. Sandy and I are already planning for next year. If you haven't been, or even haven't heard of Artiscape, it is truly worth your interest. 

Columbus is a beautiful city to visit just for the architecture, shopping, art and restaurants. Sandy and I had the best time and the weekend was way too short. It just flew by. We are talking about meeting up for the Springfield Antique Extravaganza in May. If you are going to be there let us know. We would love to hang out.
Sandy girl, I miss you already and can't wait to see you in May.
Leave a comment if you are setting up or going to shop.
Hope to see you all too!


"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home."
Twyla Tharp

Yours in sunny days, P.
Pin It!

7 comments:

Hopemore Studio said...

Pam, I was in Columbus too!!...took a family trip to COSI the same weekend as Artiscape. Would love to hear more about the classes you took. Stopped in with my family to European Papers on Friday morning and bought a few things. They had a class going on and I drooled over the journals they were making. So glad to hear that you got to take this trip, what a perfect present.

Hoping the rain here will stop for at least a week to dry everything out, poor kids haven't played a soccer game in weeks!
Take care, Angie

JunqueMagnet said...

So glad to see you back.I would have loved to attend.Ah, well...
Setting up in Springfield - Space 532. Please stop in and say hi.Do a pre-sale at my house the weekend before.Check the blog for info.Hope your Spring is full of great junque!

Emom said...

All's well here....glad to hear from you! ...smiles.

Mitzi said...

It's finally sunny and spring-like here in Michigan, so my mood has improved considerably. Now I'm ready to tackle some major projects and beat the bushes, looking for antiques!

zandra said...

Just popped in to see what you've been up to. ;o) Can't wait to see your project.
Hugz, Z

Sue said...

Hi Pam! I'm going to be in Springfield on Friday morning- I'm going to stop in and see Kathy Stantz and Carrie. I saw Carrie for her yard sale on Sat. morning. She might be joining me in Waynesville for a small "porch sale" at my friend's shop on May 28, 29. She has some cool junque! I couldn't make the Columbus affair and I won't be at Kathy's sale in June because I'll be out of town. I am bummed. She had a wonderful sale last summer!!

Essyy said...

i love your blog maam, thanks for sharing such nice and fantastic article and cool images, thanks for sharing.
College Papers