Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Careless Whispers, Guilty Pleasures

Did I get you with that title? Here's the thing, I feel guilty for ignoring Blogland and being wrapped up in the minutiae of life in general. 
Mostly to do with work and my %&$) ankle. 
No more cast, but I need the stinking crutches more than ever.
ARGH!
Sweet hubby tried to warn me, but I somehow thought, in my PollyAnna brain, that the cast would come off and away I would fly.
(By the way these photos have nothing whatsoever to do with this post. They are just some garden shots from last year. Gotta have pretty pictures.)

What does this have to do with guilty pleasures you may wonder?
Train of twisted thought, foot pain = no dancing = should be blogging=what to blog about= no dancing again=constant music tracks in my brain=most embarrassing song you love to sing out loud in the car with the speakers blaring=dancing again...

Are you lost yet?
Do tell, what is your favorite song that you are embarrassed to admit to?
The most melodramatic, corny, over the top one you can't help but belt out every time you hear it.
The playlist in my head is a long one but number one with a bullet is...drum roll please..
Careless Whispers by George Michael.
The fact that it builds to a crescendo fit for any any drama queen really caps it!
There, you heard it, my guilty secret.
Anyone for sharing?
Really?
Please?
BTW, at the risk of her wrath, my daughter sings along with me...in the car...windows up...no one looking...OK now I've spilled my guts and exposed my daughter's secret as well.
You gotta spill yours too!

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."
Angela Monet

Yours in guilty pleasure, P.
Pin It!

6 comments:

Annesphamily said...

What lovely Spring photos and great quotes. Thanks for sharing today. Happy weekend to you! Anne

Teresa said...

Guilty pleasure singalong...Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' by Journey. I've been neglectful in blogland for months on end...reading a few here and there on my iPhone. Finally, finally got the kinks worked out of my laptop. It's been on the disabled list for a few months. Happy Weekend! Hope your ankle mends fast.

trash talk said...

"old Time Rock and Roll"...can you hear me?
You will dance again...just a little more cautiously...lol! Not laughing at you darlin'...only with you.
Deb

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

As soon as I read the title....that song came to my mind!
Your pictures are gorgeous!!! I hope life is treating you well!!!

Emom said...

Your "please?" got to me....so I put on my thinkin' cap...and all I could think of is.....wait for it.....Barry Manilow...get ready, your gonna want to sing it too....
"Copacabana"...This sounds like a good challenge, maybe that is tomorrows post....smiles, and thank you for the inspiration!(you get the credit, promise!)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Okay, mine is really hilarious....Funky Town by Lipps, Inc. AND Party Train by Gapp Band! They take me back to a wonderful time and I know every word and sing to the top of my lungs! Windows DOWN! LOL

Fun Post!

Lou Cinda