Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, February 17, 2011

One World One Heart Winner

Oh my.
Serendipity comes in many ways.
I have found so many new friends on this journey through Blogland.
Serendipitous event #1...
As I pulled the winning number from my mixing bowl I found the corresponding blog to be 
Bellamere Cottage. A blog I had not visited before OWOH but one that will be on my favorites list from now on.
Spencer and I share many things in common, I am so happy that my angel will reside in her home!
What fun this has been.
Serendipitous event #2...
As I propped my angel painting in the dining room (remember my dilemma from last post about the too serious feel of the room?)...
I found that my camera batteries were dead. As I stepped away to find more...none to be found BTW ...hence the old photo...
Smack my face and call me a genius!
The answer was right before my eyes.
Pale pink.
Yep, my new dining room color will be pale pink!
With all of the serious and stodgy brown and gold accessories and furniture, pink should perk things right up!
I just wasn't feeling the yellow, not with everything that had to stay in the room.
I can only hope my angel brings serendipity to Spencer and Bellamere Cottage just like she has for me.
Kind of a little going away present I do believe.

"We're all kissed by angels but some of us never think to pucker."  ~Terri Guillemets

Yours in serendipity, P.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Claudia said...

I'm so happy for Spencer! She's been feeling ill lately and surely this will bring a smile to her face!

xo
Claudia

Emom said...

Wonderful! I love stories of serendipity.....and love.....and kindness....smiles.

Hopemore Studio said...

Congrats to the winner and to you for choosing a color. Read your last post too, love that you are taking the time to learn your camera. I really like what you've accomplished already!

Angie

Sue said...

Spencer is a sweetie- glad she won your give-away, Pam. And happy to hear you will be painting soon! I've yet to start! LOL

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

And, I'm THRILLED that I was the lucky chickie.... Isn't she just beautiful? I adore her....

And, PINK! Whoooopeeee! (although it's going to be on hold for a smidgie of time).... My kitchen, dining room and living room are pink! The softest, palest shade of blush.... It's so much fun!~

Huggies to you dear one....

Spencer