Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Inspired by Martha

I was looking for a bit of inspiration in my quest for all things pastel and found the photo below on Martha Stewart's website.
 Just the candy colored look I had in mind!

I had a practically full gallon of soft blue that I had used for our basement ceilings.
Behr "Ocean Kiss". Pretty name.
I only spent about  $10 for the quart of Behr paint tinted to match Martha Stewarts's "Punch" for my existing mirror.

Bye bye brown, hello sunshine!
Funny thing is, I think my powder room was a slightly darker version of this color several years ago. Huh. 
Now to do something about the vanity top.
Any suggestions?
"It's a good thing that when God created the rainbow he didn't consult a decorator or he would still be picking colors."
Sam Levenson  


Yours in living color, P.

Pin It!

7 comments:

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

I love seeing how people take inspiration and make it their own. I love the color combo. Have you tried formica paint? I have seen people in blogland use it and be successful. You could paint the counter top white or something pale in blue or grey...

The Tattered Cottage said...

It looks beautiful. A bit of "Spring" in your home. As for the countertop...I have the same type in my house and not a clue as to changing it.
Toni

lauren@WESTFURNITUREREVIVAL said...

beautiful love the color.. adds a touch of whimsy to the room

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

I love the mirror. Beautiful color.

campwandawega said...

This mirror is gorgeous...I love it

Geralyn Gray said...

I love everything about this post.....isn't the quote the truth? Our walls are still white.....and we finished our addition 12 years ago. I love how you painted the mirror!

Creative Breathing said...

Hi Pam, I wanted to let you know the HH page is opened until the end of February to allow for lots of participation time. I have paired you with Diary of an Unconscious Mind. The tags are so lovey this month, I hope you will join us with another of your lovely artwork. Elizabeth