Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Saturday

Saturday..
In the morning...
Funeral of a dear friend's beloved father...
Long life, well lived...
Reunited with a wife missed for several years ...
A son lost much earlier...
Hard goodbye for son, daughter-in-law, grandchildren, sister...
Later in the day...
 
My children gathered with us for dinner, board games, cooking, football...
The joy of being surrounded by family...
The making of memories...
We purchased our property because of the dear friends who yesterday experienced loss...
They celebrated a life well lived while saying goodbye...
We built this home on this land which has contained so much life...
We have lived so much here...
Life is a continuum of beginnings and endings...
Constantly moving and changing...
Yesterday was a good day.
"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."
Kahlil Gibran

Yours in delight, P.


Pin It!

11 comments:

Hopemore Studio said...

Pam, my thoughts are with you and your family. It is hard to see death and look for light but I believe it is there waiting to be found.
Peace to you,
Angie

Snappy Di said...

Kahlil. What insight.

Di

trash talk said...

I truly pray that when it is time to leave this place to be with my heavenly Father, there is someone who will write "she had a well lived life". I also pray there will be those who will be sad, but rejoicing in my arrival at my promised place.
Debbie

La said...

Touching post, Pam. La

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Pam I really like what you said....Life is a continuum of beginnings and endings...
Constantly moving and changing... so true! hugs to you and your friends. Linda

Carole said...

So beautifully said. We are here on this earth for but a brief time. Seize everyday as if it's your last.
hugs,
Carole

Elle Uy {SWITCHEROOm} said...

My dear friend just lost her dad yesterday as well. This post touched me deeply.

Teresa said...

Such lovely sentiments. Thank you for the reminder to count my blessings and constantly appreciate the life that is being lived all around me.

Emom said...

Interesting how our view of these events change as we grow up, huh? thank you for sharing....smiles.

Laura said...

What a beautiful post.
Everything about your blog is a feast for the eye-
it all comes from the heart.

Laura-

Embellish said...

I have not posted in awhile since my father in-law has been fighting cancer and the end was near. He pasted last friday and I can so sympathize with your sentiments. Death is so hard for me to deal with. I love with all my heart and soul and It;s just to hard to loose someone who meant so much.