Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pastel Peeks and Licorice Glances

Color inspiration right at home.
Creamy banana yellow in my breakfast bowl mixed with
soft tangerine. Crisp white plates and cups.
Soap the color of warm vanilla.
Sunny and fragrant as a lemon drop when grated for laundry soap, recipe courtesy of  Maryjane.
Sky blue cut glass like rock candy and cheery strawberry red.
Butter mint green and vintage peach with a little black to cut the sweetness.
Candy store colors are my inspiration lately.
Guess what I'm up to?

What inspires you every day?

"Color possesses me. I don't have to pursue it. It will possess me always, I know it. That is the meaning of this happy hour: color and I are one."
Paul Klee

Yours in pursuit of happiness, P.


Pin It!

4 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Gorgeous images! I crave color too. Although I love all the homes of white, it just would not suit the environment I live in. And with the desert being drab all year long (even my 12 year old asks why everything outside is the same color), I find that there is a lot of color inside my home. I say go for it! Best wishes, Tammy

trash talk said...

Methinks someone has a paint brush in her hand...along with a camera!
I hope you're doing what I think you're doing.
Debbie

Sea Witch said...

Beautiful images and I adore your pastel header. Sea Witch

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Beautiful pics! Hop over on Monday because you have been featured at NIFTY THIFTY TUESDAYS...feel free to grab my starfish button for your blog...thanks so much for coming to my party last week.

Blessings,
Linda