Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Help I Need Color!

Color!
Bits here and there just aren't enough anymore.
My neutral walls are closing in!
I want blues and greens and yellows with accents of red, pink and orange.
Do I paint my walls white as a background for brights? Do I go for pastel versions of my favorite colors?
Help me! I need your suggestions. I have chosen a few paint samples but I just can't decide.
I have this...
Bits and pieces of my passion for color...

But I want THIS or THIS or THIS...
Are ya feelin' me?
Can I get an Amen?
I am nuts for Meadowbrook Farm.
It is so much more what I had in mind when we built our house.
It is what we started out doing .
Then I got the feeling people thought I should tone it down.
 I got caught up in neutrals and staging and blah, blah, blah...
I painted over all of the exuberance.
I want my style back!
Give me color!!!!!
Like THIS too!
Happy Loves Rosie, more color!!!
So...what do you think...???
(See, I am back to asking permission.)
I need to let go, let color back in.
It's my party...right?
I'm too old to worry about appearances and too young not to revel in what brings joy!

If I go missing for a bit it is because I am up to my elbows in swatches.
I will be rediscovering myself in this sea of neutrality.


"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
Marc Chagall

Yours in perpet-HUE- ity, (tee hee),
P.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I love your sweet greens and reds. So my suggestion would be for a yellow. Perhaps a creamy soft yellow in most rooms; but I'm color brave and would opt for a vibrant yellow in the dining room.

Laura said...

I was literally shouting
YES as I read your post.
And you are not going to believe this but when I first started reading I thought 'she needs to see Theresa's Meadowbrook Farm blog.'.

Yes,yes,yes.
Go for it.
I have developed a strange blogging insecurity in looking at all of the neutrals everywhere, and I love white (White Spray Paint).

I just love white with color.

So-
I am on your team.
Go for it.

Google Mary McDonald (the designer)
and click on images or go to her web site-
amazing!

Woohoo!

Laura

Emom said...

SPRING is for color.....go for it girl...smiles.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Go get you some color...color is always fun!

Blessings,
Linda

trash talk said...

Thanks for directing me over to her blog and yes...Laura is right...go for it. It is so you!
Debbie