Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, January 10, 2011

Creative Breathing 12 Month Tag Along Linky

Sweet Elizabeth of Bluebird Papercrafts is hosting a Happy Homemaker Tag Along. Each participant is to make 2 tags a month with their own theme in mind for the months of 2011. One tag to keep and one to add each month to share with our partner at the end of the year. What a lovely Christmas gift. Have you visited Elizabeth's blog, Creative Breathing? I am gaga for this girl. She posts wonderful and nostalgic stories of growing up that evoke sharp, sweet memories. On top of that she has the most cheerful, whimsical and retro crafting style! I cannot get enough. Like taking a little vacation. Don't get me started on her studio either! Can you say ADORABLE? Sheesh!
This year I am going to make some time to craft following some of her tutorials. Yes, she is that generous. She shares all of her patterns and tips too. 
I know this tag along will be a blast. 
Thanks Elizabeth!


On to my January tag. The theme I chose is Every Day is a Holiday, with the thought of finding something to celebrate each month. The rules are that we could purchase paper and a few supplies at the beginning of the year and everything from that point on is use what you have on hand. Since I have more supplies than I will ever use I kept my purchase to one pad of Cosmo Cricket paper that I purchased at Archivers with a coupon, 30% off, woo hoo and thank-you-very-much!


Delish colors!
I gathered some supplies from my craft room. At this point after the recent months of craft show frenzy, I can't even walk in there, so I made this tag at the table in the family room.


Elizabeth asked us to share our process or a tip or two. I usually use cardboard from cereal or cracker boxes as the base for my tags and always Zip Dry glue to adhere cardstock front and back. This time, I had a stack of Christmas cards laying around so they will be the base for my tags this year. I also used the cards to punch out my white snowflakes. Nice and sturdy...and already snow colored too. (At least when the snow is fresh, tee hee.)
I used scraps of ribbon and vintage lace and a touch of glitter because everything looks better with glitter. I never leave the house without some stuck someplace on my person. Just an added beauty tip...or not.

I want my January tag to celebrate the brilliant winter sun glistening on the ice and turning the world into a story book place. My stylish homemaker is out in the brisk air skating her way headlong into this fresh new year.

Not sure who said "Creative minds are rarely tidy." but I can vouch for that.
Yours in creative chaos, P.
Pin It!

25 comments:

LBP said...

What a pretty tag! The glimmer around the blue paper looks just like ice! Love it!

Blessings

Linda

Snappy Di said...

Uh oh... the clutter has grown feet and walked from the craft room to the family room table. hee hee... careful, it may sneak into the kitchen next.

Di

Shean said...

I love your tag..makes me what to go skating. Thank you for sharing your process I never thought to use leftover Christmas cards or cereal boxes for the card stock now that I have plenty around the house. Can't wait until February.

She'sSewPretty said...

I love your skater tag. I agree about the creative chaos. My desk is a mess and I should be cleaning it up...yet here I sit!

Lynn said...

That tag is precious and full of meaning. I have always wanted to join a swap, but I worry that my "product" won't be up to par with others. So, I'll just watch.
I always enjoy my visits to your blog. It's so pretty!

Sea Witch said...

Love the fun papers you have to play with. Rich with opportunities for creativity. Sea Witch

Pixie said...

clever tag and I love the theme!

Nan said...

LOL I love your comment on glitter. I too usually can be see close up with a glitter flake here and there on my face. You are so right things just look better with glitter. On a trip to where they has a Wal Mart one year I found Martha Stewart's glitter set of the most gorgeous and unique colors. I use those a lot it always seem the right color is in that set.
Your tag has so much movement in it and I do love that vintage image as I'm a vintage gal myself.

Valerie said...

I love your skating gal. the way your papers all came together was wonderful. and the snowballs are perfect. Glitter! It's a good Thing.

Creative Breathing said...

Oh Pam! You tag is so very fresh in style and image. What a beautiful ice skater. I had the rare opportunity myself to skate on frozen water; and with the sun over my shoulder, it truly was magical. I can't thank you enough for sharing your talent with me, I already look forward to next month's tag. Elizabeth

Debbie Doughty said...

I love the energy of this card, Pam. You've really captured your theme for this one!

trash talk said...

So what you're telling me is I'm messy 'cause I'm creative? Would you please tell Cat Daddy...he'd never believe me!
Girl...you are too much with the way your mind works. The way you gather then create art blows me away!
Debbie
P.S. Loving the header...and the music!

Linda said...

I love your tag...the colors are so pretty...and the notion of her skating off into the New Year is wonderful! She looks like she's ready for an adventure.

Linda Ruthie said...

This is a wonderful tag. The colors are perfectly icy.
I certainly understand the condition of your craft room and having to take over another space to work.
I'm off to read some more of your blog.

My Vintage Mending said...

I do love how you added all the trim and lace. Just a great addition to have the glitter work for you and the card. My personal favorite color is the copper by Martha it matches my eyes! Is there every really enough glue and glitter? Lovely tag. Thanks for sharing.

Patty@sewingseeds said...

What an elegant tag. The colors are vintage yet sophisticated. Beautiful tag.

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

I absolutely adore your tag!! I think I NEEd to get those paper lines for my stash!!!

Sandy said...

Good Morning new friend. Your tag is just yummy. What a cute idea..a skater, I'm lovin' it. The colors, the glitter, the freshness, it's all so sweetly pulled together. Makes me wanna skate..but, that won't happen, can't skate and no ice. A nice thought though. Can't wait to see your February tag..I'm excited.
xoso Sandy O

Amy said...

Your tag is so cute. I love the action.
I am looking forward to see what comes next month.
A.

Emom said...

How much fun have you had?!l.....smiles....

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Free supplies rock! I love to recycle too. I've not tried Zipdry but heard good things about it. I do love the Ultimate, though. Great stuff.

Paula Clare said...

What a WONDERFUL image...and I LOVE the orange! FABulous!

My Crafty Little Page said...

Waaaay cute! Love those pom poms on her scarf! :) Nancy

Scrap for Joy said...

I really love your skater...wish I could move my body like that! I've never tried zip dray glue before but I may give it a whirl...always looking for an easier solution than a tape gun. I also like the addition of the lace and ribbons...nice touch! I love this swap already!
xoxo
Joyce

Margie said...

Your skater is sooooo awesome! She looks like she's in complete control and plunging in ... things are going to go her way this year or else! LOVE it! She's a gal that knows what she wants out of life and she's going after it! Your tag makes me smile when I see it! I love the paper you used for the ice ... just perfect! and the touches of orange ... wow! they really POP! i have to chuckle at the quote at the end ... boy, oh, boy, i must be the most creative person that ever lived ... lol!