Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Scenes from a Small Town Christmas

Snow falls on a chilly Saturday morning as a small town prepares for a Christmas celebration.


                         The flag flies proudly among the flakes above the village homes.


      Nestled in the Ohio valley among three rivers, a little spot on the map that has seen much history...


Dressed in bows and greenery to celebrate this most joyous season. 


Snow covering all, silently, magically.


Soon the streets will be filled with families. Children laughing and shouting with glee.


Dancing and singing and all that Christmas brings to a small village will be celebrated.



              Parades and carriage rides, candy canes and cocoa and rosy windblown cheeks...



                              and of course the Master of Ceremonies, Santa himself.

Have a snugly Sunday, P.

P.S. You don't know how hard I had to restrain myself not to make a comment on that adorable fireman...I know, I know, I need to grow up. But really, what fun would that be?
Pin It!

7 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Where's Santa???? All I saw was that HOT fireman!!!!
Man, talk about a way to MELT THE SNOW--WHOOO-EEEEE!......heeheehee!!!
And all the other photos were lovely too. ;D

XXOO~~♥
Anne

JunqueMagnet said...

Hello, I noticed Mr. Fireman RIGHT away!!!!!! Giggle. I refuse to grow up - what fun would that be? Enjoy your day. Lebanon's horse parade was last Saturday and somehow we just couldn't get the energy to go see it. Your horse pictures made me kick myself for being lazy!

Snappy Di said...

Fab photos today... they really express what Christmas looks like in a small town. Santa on a firetruck, a manger, horses that jingle jangle and clip clop down the street. This puts me in the mood for the Holidays.

:-)

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

What a charming setting for Christmas decorations! There is nothing like small town America for the holidays!

As far as the "adorable" fireman goes, remember what they say: when I stop looking, shoot me.

sissie said...

Ooh, I know what you mean....my eyes went right to the good lookin fireman! LOL.

Small towns and parades and Christmas.....the perfect scene.
Lovely photos and words.

hugs
Sissie

time worn interiors said...

Your snow pictures are way better than mine! What a charming town! I love pictures that actually show snow falling! Great job!
Theresa
aka:tot

Geralyn Gray said...

I love all the pictures of the snow......it beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.....and the only comment I can make about the fireman he IS adorable (he looks like my son in his gear--(he took the course this summer and is officially a fireman)