Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, December 13, 2010

Making Christmas


 Do I  see Christmas decorations finally showing up at Frippery farmhouse?
It is about time, don't you agree?
With all the hustle and bustle of craft shows this past month I am very late...
I am joining in the Nesting Place Christmas Tour of Homes  and Kelly's Tour of Homes to light a fire beneath my feet and get me moving!
Of course, Mother Nature has already decorated for Christmas and the beauty of falling snow cannot    be surpassed, especially at this time of the year.

I have set myself a deadline now that I have finished crafting...first floor by the end of today and the basement by Wednesday...I will forgo the second floor this year as I am in the midst of a redo there.


Just some fluffing up and a bit of color for the entry, white, silver, pink and red...

Fairy lights amidst the silver and red...can you really have too many lights...not around here!


              Snow babies frolic on the bookshelves along with a snowy white collection
                                                            of milk glass.

My favorite reindeer figurines sit in silvery dishes filled with "snow". Glistening ornaments in          peppermint colors encircle the wreath above their sweet heads.

 Vintage blown glass on a small white tree adds to the cheer.

The powder room is dressed in small traditional touches of red, gold and green vintage trinkets.

A bit of the woodland for the front window in the entry, to reflect the out doors.

Our tree in the family room is ceiling height and I choose to leave the top section off this year to add a crown of flowers and ribbons for a garden feel...tulips, peonies and geranium in reds and white.

Outside the window, the best decoration of all, snow. I am sighing with contentment. Hey...
I better quit dreaming and start doing if I want to finish by my deadline. Hope your December is going smoothly. See you back here when I've finished!

Have a merry Monday, P.

Pin It!