Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, December 31, 2010

Gifts and the New Year

 Laura, at White Spray Paint, wrote such a touching post on her words for the year that you really must read.  I had been wondering what words I would choose myself when I read her post. I am so grateful to her for putting her thoughts out there.


Gracious, open, ready, prayerful, hopeful, attentive, optimistic, abundant... words I have been thinking about as my personal theme for the New Year.  Time's around Frippery farmhouse have been trying, to say the least, this past year and a half. I need a shift in perspective for the new year. I have always been a glass half full kind of girl, but 2010 really put that sunny outlook to the test. No more...I will embrace whatever comes my way this year with open arms and grateful heart, knowing that there is a reason for everything if only one is willing to accept what comes and see the blessing in it. So much of life can be wasted in fighting what we cannot change and fretting over the past. This year I do not want to waste a moment. I will make a conscious decision to begin each day with the intent of savoring each occurrence and every task as a gift. It is a gift. We have an abundance of gifts right before us each day.

 Each and every moment we are here on earth to enjoy the beauty and love that surrounds us is a profound gift. No more wasted time worrying about "if only", just joy in the fact that we are here and so much opportunity surrounds us. I will work at finding every opportunity to grow, love, be at peace and enjoy the bounty of the world around us.
To commit myself to being more open and accepting of what life brings in 2011, is my wish. To be gracious, content with what I have, open to what is possible.

What is your word of the year? What changes would you like to embrace? Will you make resolutions or just find a theme to guide you? I would love to hear your thoughts.

 2011 I welcome you with a gracious, open and hopeful heart.
Have a year filled with gifts, large and small, my friends. You are a gift yourselves, P.
Pin It!

9 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Beautifully said. Happy New Year and may your year be filled with nothing but Blessings. Hugs, Marty

Laura said...

Thank you sweet Pam.
I hope your new year is wonderful.
I have faced a few life's challenges in the last 18 months.
I am still facing them-
sometimes I do well and sometimes I do not.
But that is living, right?

Happy New Year!
The nest is yet to come.

Laura
White Spray Paint

The French Bear said...

Pam, Happy New Year and I am so happy that you have taken on this new look for the coming year.....yes, we need to embracing what comes our way and thanking God for the moments we can share with loved ones and family and look on life's challenges as lesson in being human!!!
Big Hugs!!!!
Margaret B

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Happy New Year Pam! I can tell you that it will be a wonderful blessing to be more open in the coming year! I had to do that last year and it brought about a huge change and a great peace in my life. This year I'm ready to get more organized so I can enjoy my life more! Whatever comes we can endure, learn from and embrace!

La said...

That sounds like a great plan for the future, Pam.

On a side note...since those gifts have my name all over them, am I to assume they are for me??? ;o}

Happy New Year! La

dragonflydreamer said...

Happy New Year! I have been struggling to narrow down my list of words and was taking a break when I came across your post and your gift of helping me clarify my thoughts. I will definitely be coming back to read this post and remind myself not to waste anymore time with my "if only" misery. Wishing you good health, love and all of the blessings of this gift of a brand new year of choices.

Geralyn Gray said...

I was so disappointed in my word for last year.....again.....mostly because it rhymed with2010....there was nothing again about last year.....so this year my word is FORWARD......no rhyme just an attitude of onward......forward.......I loved my 2009 word shine so much.....it really has been dificult this year to pick a word.....but, I wrote it down.....there it is........forward......Happy New Year to you and yours!!!!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

http://tristanrobinblakeman.com/HappyNewYearFave.gif

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Happy New Year! I hope this year is Positive and full of Blessings!