Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Frippery Farmhouse Snowy Evening Part #2


Welcome back. Have a seat at the table and I will put the kettle on.
This year the dining room is dressed with a definite woodsy feeling.
Fresh greens accented with a little bit of fantasy silks, all on a bed of earthy burlap.


A gorgeous silver glitter star I picked up while doing a craft show in Blanchester, Ohio last weekend.
The only "new" piece I purchased this year, although it is a second hand purchase, so only new to me. I placed it over my large mirror so the gleam could be reflected.
Glitter and the holidays go hand in hand, don't you agree?

I always add some real pine into my faux arrangements because the scent is heavenly.
Do you love the scent of evergreen and balsam too?
My favorite nativity. This one is the one I grew up with. The dear angel is missing here arm now and her wing has been broken, but she is so beautiful to me. One of my first memories of Christmas.
I placed the scene under glass this year for a different look. My Fontanini creche sits atop the china cabinet. I shared some photos last year from the old (new) dining room.

Would you like a peppermint stick in your chocolate or just a few marshmallows?
How about a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a splash of Bailey's?
Let's just sit and chat and enjoy a moment or two of peace. Reflecting on the year with good friends is a cherished part of the Christmas season.
My year has been blessed with friendship, love, new beginnings, wonderful meetings and shared experience that I will never forget. These are treasures beyond any. There is no gift so lasting and precious as memories and I have an abundance of wonderful ones.
 I hope you have a joyous evening whether you are staying home and snuggling in or celebrating with dear ones. We are having a few of our oldest friends join us for a bit of reminiscing and catching up.  

Have a wonderfully wintery weekend, P.



Pin It!