Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, November 1, 2010

A Challenge for November

Halloween is gone for another year. I miss the funny sweet days gone by, costumes and candy and trick or treat. Childhood passes so swiftly, children grow before we are ready. Can we ever be ready?  Today I found this wonderful challenge at South Breeze Farm. Instead of the bittersweet melancholy this time of year always brings to me, I will take on this challenge. Thankfulness for November. Join me by visiting Leah and posting a list on your sidebar. She explains it all. I can't say how much I needed this today. Call it a blessing, karma or serendipity, life always presents us with gifts to lift us when we are down. Thanks Leah.
Today I will be grateful that I have been given the gift of two healthy children. A daughter and son that I have had the pleasure of helping, along with my darling husband, to grow into happy, successful young adults. To have been able to share in all the precious stages of childhood and to have made so many memorable moments together. To have had the means to help further their education and start them on their paths into adulthood with a solid foundation. To enjoy the people that they have become and the times we share now as they take the first steps into their "grown up" lives. Not to dwell on the"once upon a times" but to really live and enjoy each second of the "here and now". I feel gratitude beyond measure for this most wonderful gift.
Thanks Leah, for hosting this challenge.

Have a momentous Monday, P.
Pin It!

6 comments:

Geralyn Gray said...

I feel the same way today.....and went to post on facebook several times but couldn't do it.....this is just what I needed too!!!!!! I am grateful 4 my 2 kids too!!!!!

Blue Creek Home said...

Me too - I have made and am still making wonderful memories with two sweet daughters.
Blessings,
Rhonda

Chrissy said...

Oh you and I are alot alike my friend,my family is everything to me....we also have two grown children,Meg 19 who is in her second year of uni.and Jess who is 21,he is in the prosess of becoming a police officer....I am thankful for such a loving family! Great post! x0x0x

Carole said...

What a great way to start the month. No matter how down we get to have to remind ourselves how lucky we are. Something I have to remind myself to do it too.

Btw love the way you decorated your home for Halloween. I don't feel like putting mine away yet. Maybe one more week!
xx
C

VBR said...

What a beautiful blog you have here. I have enjoyed visiting so much. Thank you for sharing the info about the South Breeze Farm blog and project. What a lovely idea! Your blog will be one of the items I add to my list!

abitosunshine said...

Great gratitude! I followed your link via the Giving Thanks Challenge.

Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!
Ruthi