Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Blank Slate

The autumn decor is heading to the storage bin. How many "fall" stems can a person own? Yikes!

There is nothing like a blank space to make one think creatively. I had visions of sugar plums and putting up every piece of Christmas that I own...but...suddenly the lack of "stuff" is inspiring me to use more of my "everyday" in new ways. Things that can be tweeked with an ornament here or a bit of tinsel there. Now that all the Thanksgiving decorations are down I can see the bare bones and am enjoying the look.



I want to rearrange with the thought of keeping most things where I put them throughout winter. No massive taking down and packing away in January.


 Does anyone else go to sleep dreaming of ways to change and decorate and then wake up with (what seem at the time) brilliant ideas of how to go about it? I know their are lot's of you out there in Blogville that do just that, right? If not please keep it to yourselves, I like to think I am pretty normal most days.


Matter of fact (don't tell hubs, he might cry) I am thinking of major furniture relocation once again. On an even bigger scale, as in couch and big chair go to basement and furniture from there comes upstairs. (I think I heard him moaning subconciously as the thought crossed my mind) Plus, with the big table in the family room I cannot possible fit the giant tree! Also, more color! Pastels, brights, oranges! Last year was a rather colorless winter as decorating goes around Frippery farmhouse. I love all the neutral rooms I see and went for that look. This year, however, I feel a change coming.


Gotta get a move on so I can catch hubs in a receptive mood when I lay out the plan. He is a good guy and is always willing to grant me any wish, but I am hoping to avoid any intermittant grumbling and "here we go agains". Can ya feel me?


Barring any emergency trips to the chiropractor, Frippery farmhouse will be wearing some festive finery next time you visit. I anticipate hopping around all of your blogs to see how you are progressing. I just love all the eye candy that is showing up already!

P.S. I do know the one true reason for this happiest of seasons, not gifts and decorations and food, but there is something to be said for indulging in all the trimmings when they bring such merriment as well.

Have a scrumptious Saturday, P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

My *bright ideas* usually revolve around my studio, which needs a repaint (as in COLOR!) and a total rearrange......which won't happen till well after the holidays.
I have downsized my decorating, simply because my body says it has had enough of being in traction after one of my Giant-Tree-Brilliant-Ideas.....trust me, those are stories!
I would just love a totally clean look, with nominal work.
It's not going to happen, but that's my dream! ;D

XXOO~~♥
Anne

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am going to enjoy my decorating this year and just let it happen! Can't wait to see all of your decorations up!

English Rider said...

I do enjoy transforming a room by moving furniture around. Fake leaves or flowers will never darken my threshold, however. Paintings cover every inch of our walls so "neutral" is not an option. If I decide to move one, to focus on a new piece for example, it sets off a wave of change throughout. At least a two-day job, involving ladders. Not undertaken lightly.

Sue said...

Hi Pam- I, looking forward to seeing how you will decorate for Christmas this year with more color. I sure hope the hubs is receptive to moving things around for ya! The tree placement always presents a problem for me in the great room, since it is 12 ft. tall but I decided that it is the one tree I'm not putting up this year.
Did you read my post about the French Hen Farm sale next week. There are a few girls getting together. Let me know if you'd be interested in going up. ~ Sue

trash talk said...

If you want to insure ol' Hubs is in a receptive mood...dress your self in some festive finery first...preferably black and see-through!
I'm all for color myself this year too! I'm loving the idea of pink and orange...can I steal, um I mean borrow, that color scheme?
Debbie

Little Messy Missy said...

I enjoy the blank slat.... I even moved two bookshelf's to the basement for Christmas. Pick a color and run!!!

Little Messy Missy said...

I enjoy the blank slat.... I even moved two bookshelf's to the basement for Christmas. Pick a color and run!!!

Laura said...

Miss Pam-
Your home is lovely.

I can't wait to see what you do.
Isn't this a fun time of year?
I am so curious about your gratitude list in your sidebar.

I am sorry I missed it.

Laura
White Spray Paint