Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, November 26, 2010

And So It Begins

Not sure why but I cannot wait to begin my Christmas decorating this year. I am feeling optimistic about a lot of things in my life and I feel like spreading the joy!
In the past we held off decorating until after my son's birthday on December 1st because we wanted to be sure he remembered birthday celebrations as seperate from Christmas. When he got older he told us he liked having a tree up on his birthday! Who knew? When the kids were young we had a tree in every room, on every floor. The past few years I just haven't felt up to it anymore. The spirit had dimmed a bit. This year I think it is blazing again.
For the next week or so I will be up to my elbows in glitter and tinsel. Decorating and crafting for my home and several craft shows as well. If you come upon me with my head buried in plastic bins of ribbon and greenery please ignore my backside. I will come up for air soon enough.
I also have an early Christmas gift I won in a give away from some favorite bloggers. I am dying to crow about it but I will keep you in suspense a bit longer. Gotta haul the ladder out and start dreaming of a white Christmas...with some red and white and silver and maybe some blue...did I mention green...oh and gold... pink and orange?

Have a dazzling day, P.
Pin It!

7 comments:

michelle said...

I can't wait to see all your glittery goodness!!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm with you feeling much more optimistic this year! I am excited to start decorating.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm with you feeling much more optimistic this year! I am excited to start decorating.

gm glimmerglass said...

Thanks for the Holiday Inspiration!

I love your birdcages with ornaments!

I am enjoying your Beautiful blog.

Happy Christmassing!

Snappy Di said...

Love the silver and red. Would love a tree like that. Have fun decorating!

Di

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Is that your house with the decorations in the birdcage? I love that.

Sandi said...

Can't wait to see what you do this year. I am surrounded by boxes but that's as far as I'm getting right now!
Sandi
VictorianGypsy