Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Witchy Night

Last Wednesday, October 13, was Bunco night at my house and the Bunco witches were revving up their broomsticks to descend upon my spooked up home.

 There were cauldrons full of treats awaiting them and a table dressed in black, white and orange.
 A place was set for each of them to enjoy a feast before playing. The house would soon be filled with the raucous cackles of the twelve.
 Night fell and the broomsticks were parked one by one at the door. The candles were lit as the evening festivities began.
 It is always a wild time when the coven convenes to play together. This night was no exception.
I would show more but then I would have to kill you because the unwritten rule is what happens at Bunco stays at Bunco.

Have a Terrifyingly Terrific Thursday, P.

P.S. No, they won't be angry at being called Bunco witches, we usually go by another name... I am sure you can figure that one out!

I am linking to: Common Ground
Pin It!

17 comments:

sissie said...

Oh my, the witches never had it so good! What a lovely tablesetting, I love those sweet little cauldrons, plates, and napkins.

Is that a brain in the jar???
I love it all and how you put your post together.

hugs
Sissie

La said...

Fun post! Love the brain on the hutch. Your tablescape is bewitching. La

Hopemore Studio said...

OK your house looks amazing, you are really in the spirit of Halloween!

I love hearing about these gathering of women, no matter the occasion is it's fabulous to have a group of friends to get together and commiserate with.

Angie

Snappy Di said...

Have you purchased your turbo powered broom yet? hee hee. It's a must for witches this year.

Di

Embellish said...

Adorable post! I just wanted to let you know that I love your dinning room table and chairs. Absolutely beautiful!

DeAnna said...

How fun! I love how all the books are turned around...def adds an element...I wanna play bunco witht the witches. Oh! I love the little cauldrons!

Debra@Common Ground said...

ohmygosh, I LOVE it!!! Everything is fabulous. Love the tablesetting, even down to the crossed silver, your bookshelves, furniture, it's all wonderful. Bet you guys had tons of fun!!
xo,
Debra

Chrissy said...

What a fun and very funky post,love it!!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

LOL~!! LOVE IT!! Your house looks FABULOUS ~ as always!!

So glad you had fun!!

Lou Cinda :)

trash talk said...

How much fun to have the ladies(?) over during October...and is it legal?
Girl...give me a second to charge up the old Hoover (broom takes too long) and I'll fly up too!
Debbie
P.S. Your home is just spooktacular...couldn't resist that one!

Debra@Common Ground said...

Pam, I'd love for you to link up this post with Vintage Inspiration Friday next week, because this table setting is just what I'm featuring with my theme of a Fall/Halloween table. Hope to see you there!
xo,
Debra

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Love all your Halloween decor. Especially the tea lights in the milk glass...who would think that would look so ghostly. I bet your bunco friends thought it was super spooky and pretty.

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Love your Halloween playlist on your blog too. I usually turn the sound off when viewing other's blogs because I either have the tv going or my own music when I am browsing but had the sound on and your music came up and Loved it. Especially "This is Halloween" because I love that movie and song soooo much. Love that version of it too.

Kathy said...

I love your whole post from the music to the photos -What a good time everyone must have :')

Bill said...

Everything looks wonderful! Love the silver, the spooky touches, and the warm autumn colors. Nicely done!

kana said...

I love your Halloween decorations!

Theresa said...

I love it all! Lucky Witches! Theresa xoxo