Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, October 4, 2010

From the Beginning.

I have been MIA again. No blogging, little visiting, life gets in the way, yada yada. I have also been hesitant to post because I wanted to finish the posts about our girl's trip but with almost 1000 photos staring me in the face I was overwhelmed. So then I realized NO ONE except me really needs or wants to see all of my photos. Kind of like getting out the old slide projector or home videos of your family vaca and showing them to neighbors. They suddenly had something important to do and had to leave, NOW!
So here is a quick overview of our fantastic time in Louisiana.
I am starting at the beginning this time because when I end in the middle there will be no good-byes. I hate those stinkin' good-byes.
I first must give credit where it's due. Ms Jodie of Everything Vintage, who, by the way, had a special birthday on Friday, was responsible for this entire trip. If it was not for her this never would have happened. We girl's have managed to get together for three years now but this by far was the topper. Jodie chose the fabulous LaFitte Guest House on Bourbon St. for our New Orleans weekend.
Jodie treated Sandy, Sarah and I to this wonderful weekend and spoiled us rotten! The LaFitte Guest House was full of history and ghost stories. Unfortunately we never got to catch a glimpse of a real ghost. I think only Sarah was happy about that.
What a place to stay! Two bedrooms and a private balcony overlooking Bourbon St. In the heart of the French Quarter. Does Jodie know what we love?


The view from the balcony was just magical. We spent lots of time here with coffee in the morning and cocktails later in the evening. Laughter the whole time, of course.


This place was just perfect for our weekend stay. Thanks Jodie, you know us so well. We visited Bourbon St. for the sights but we were really here for the history and just to be together. That was the best part...friendship.


What a lovely and mysterious place... New Orleans. Kind of like a grand lady gone slightly to seed but still maintaining her dignity and the richness of her past. Maybe a past with a few indiscretions as well. The sights and sounds, the architecture, all were just enchanting to me.

 Not to mention...color!
 It feels akin to traveling to the past. I am truly moved by this city.
 OK, when I say move I mean I can be moving in anytime! Aren't these homes a feast?
 Alas Sunday came all too soon and we had to say goodbye to our sweet little balcony.

Cafe au lait and beignets at Cafe du Monde was our farewell to NOLA breakfast.
Hard to say good-bye but we had other adventures ahead.

 
On our way to Jodie's hometown we stopped for Crawfish Etouffee.


I can't tell you how much I love these girls! We had sooooo much fun it's almost ridiculous. I miss them loads.


Of course what is Southern Louisiana without swamp life?


We stopped in the little town of Breaux Bridge for antique shopping. Another step into the past.

 What Jodie trip would be complete without a little cemetery photo op? Why can't Spanish moss grow in Ohio???



 I will conclude our girl's trip when we hit Jodie's hometown. That way, by ending in the middle I won't have to say good-bye.
Happy birthday Jodie! You really showed us a wonderful time in your beautiful part of the U.S.A.
Now it's time to celebrate your birthday month!!!

Have a magnificent Monday, P.

Pin It!

12 comments:

La said...

Great pics of NOLA. It's quite evident you had a wonderful time. I'm glad to see you back. La

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

What a beautiful place to stay. I love New Orleans. Looks like you had a wonderful time there. I'm jealous.

Geralyn Gray said...

Your trip looks like a dream......vacations for 10 days are wonderful.....but, when you get home you find out how much you have to catch up on!!1

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Oh Pam,
Your photos are wonderful.
However...this all brings tears to my eyes and makes me sooooo lonesome for all of you again.
I was in heaven spoiling you, hoping it would make you want to come down and visit me soon...next time bringing Receipts! and Sadie too!!!! Her and I could go on a voodoo hunt! :))))
Thank you for the birthday wishes :) Thank you for the nightmares of all things hairy too :(
I hope you've caught up since you've been home. I've not stopped traveling since but I've been taking you with me...did you see me in all the photos of Texas wearing my Lia Sophia jewelry???? The brooch you gave me when you were here, I wore it around my neck for the blog party! I and everyone else just loved it!!!! :)
Every time I wear it...I think of you!!!!
It's almost the end of the year. We need to start planning what we are going to do for 2011!!!!!!!!

Jan @ bobbypins boardwalk said...

Are you a photographer? Your pictures are superb. The angles, colors, expressions! You really captured the personality of New Orleans. Beautiful. I'm so happy you enjoyed yourself. (I'm also quite jealous).

Gypsy Mermaid said...

hey suga!!! I had a blast!! Jodie sure knows how to give a good time! I hope you get to come back to swamp soon! your so funny and sweet! I was so happy to finally meet you! can't wait till next time and our late night laughing and pizza :) big hugs

Snappy Di said...

Such a very sweet get together. Girl trips are always just THE BEST!

Di

Denise said...

Looks like a fun girls trip. Wonderful pics. Thanks so much for sharing!

Sue said...

Looks as if you had a wonderful trip down there, Pam! Wonderful photos of places I'll probably never see. LOL
Yeah, why WON'T Spanish moss grow here? It's gorgeous!
hugs, Sue

Chrissy said...

What an amazing post...what a get away you had..I can see why it would move you to be there...so much beauty yet so much sadness too! Love it! Oh,thanks to for leaving me a note,means alot!! Chrissy

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Yall have made me totally want to vist New Orleans...I have never been..but now i have been enchanted by yours and Jodie's photos! Next spring or fall you need to plan a trip to Warrenton/Round Top...and we can all meet up there!!!

Embellish said...

Glad you had such an amazing time! What a blessing!