Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, October 11, 2010

Choosing Joy

I had been nurturing a case of the "poor me's" this past weekend. Worrying and fretting over things I can't control. Then I thought of all of the wonders and pleasures in my life. There are so many struggling in the world with unimaginable pain and sorrow. How dare I feel unhappy about my petty problems? I have a husband who loves me, food on the table, more than adequate shelter, two healthy children attending college and family and friends to share in all of this abundance.
 Just a ten minute stroll down the road across from my house is a breathtaking view of the north bend in the Ohio river. A lone sailboat was floating down the river in the sun. Sometimes we travel along feeling alone and become so wrapped up in that thought process we ignore all the wonderful scenery around us.
 We have to stop and look outside of ourselves, take stock of all the riches we have. Show gratitude for the blessings instead of a laundry list of  "if only's". If we look closer we can see that we are not alone. We are surrounded by others all sharing the same journey of life.
I will choose to live with gratitude. The glass is not just half full, it is overflowing. I will not waste another moment on the "poor me's". Thank you for being there, dear readers and friends. You are part of what I am grateful for.

Have a Monday without measure, P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Where's all my soul sistas...
Let me hear ya'll flow sistas...

Hey sista, go sista, soul sista, flow sista...

Hey sista, go sista, soul sista, flow sista...
.
.
.
.
Giuchie, Giuchie, ya ya dada (Hey hey hey)
Giuchie, Giuchie, ya ya here (here)
Mocha Chocalata ya ya (oh yea)...
Creole lady Marmalade
.
.
.

This Creole lady Marmalade loves her some PAM!

You are NEVAH alone girlfriend.
you got my name, my numbah, & you be knowing where I stay...

All ya got to do is say...
“Hello, hey Jo, you wanna give it a go?” Oh! uh huh
.
.
.
and I'll be there yes I will...you got a friend!


(so did i make you smile?)

La said...

Thanks, Pam.

I flew over the mighty Ohio River twice this week and it is a beautiful sight.


I hope you have a wonderful Monday and rest of the week too. La

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Amen...

Lou Cinda

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Beautifuly put...and beautiful views. It is easy to take all we have for granted...I try to to be thankful every day but it is good to be reminded.

trash talk said...

Thinking of that sailboat...good to know I'm not in the boat alone.
Blessings to you my friend.
Debbie

Claudia said...

I struggle with the same thing. Feeling gratitude changes one's perspective and that is precious.

Thanks for this post.

Deborah Jeans Dandelion House said...

Isn't it funny how when we are having a case of the " poor me's" we really BELIVE we are all alone. We all go through it... I haven't figured out the entire reason for the lonlies just yet but I know we all have them from time to time..." this too shall pass"...

Dandelion Wishes,
Deb

Musings From A French Cottage said...

Thank you so much for this post! It was wonderful and quite honestly...just what I needed today! Isn't it great that we all go through these things together and that we can encourage each other through blogging? People we may never meet but can totally relate to. I love that! Thanks for a great post!

God Bless,
Kathleen

PS - HaHa! I can relate to the "things I should be doing instead of blogging" list on your sidebar too. If I had a dollar for every thing I should be doing instead of blogging I'd be rich! Too funny.