Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, September 2, 2010

First is Last and a Day Takes a Week

Confused yet? I have been ruminating on how to fit these last few weeks into a blog post or two. I have come to realize it simply isn't going to happen. The women, the creativity, the sheer crazy fun cannot be contained to a few posts. You may be so tired of it all by the time I have finished but I can't bear to skip a moment. In the spirit of hating to say goodbye, thanks to Jodie and Sandy, I am starting at the end and ending at the beginning.
Fortunately there are no photos of our last night together at the hotel eating pizza in our jammies and snorting with laughter before rising at 4am to get lost on our way to the airport. No one wanted the time together to end.


Before that we attended the second day of darling Chantal's event Tidbits and Tassels 2. What a wonderful day filled with learning and sharing presented by Chantal and her lovely mother Maryse. Two more gracious ladies cannot be found.


We were taught, fed and generally treated like royalty throughout the day by these two wonderful teachers.
A group of ten woman were privileged to spend the two days of the event together at Chantal's gorgeous home.


Chantal's studio was opened to us and we could partake of whatever we needed.


Talk about a kid in a candy shop...


I think I used to dream about a place like this as a child!


Stocked with every little tidbit you can imagine.


How could you keep from creating something wonderful here?


Treasure upon treasure displayed so lovingly.


 I hope I didn't embarrass myself when I was hauled out kicking and screaming that I never wanted to leave. A restraining order was discussed.


Really though, can you blame me?
Oh my, looking at all this gorgeous ephemera has me dreaming all over again. I will end this portion of day nine for now and continue backward to the beginning in my next post. Just like falling down the rabbit hole but much more fun!

Have a thrilling Thursday, P.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

snorting.
eating.
laughing.
eating.
playing.
eating.
why oh why did it have to end?
;)
Chantal's retreat was amazing. I love me some Maryse too!!!!
(secret...i still haven't unpacked nor opened my goodie bag)
heck...i haven't even snapped out of my holi-daze of being with you girls yet!!!!!
:)))

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

snorting.
eating.
laughing.
eating.
playing.
eating.
why oh why did it have to end?
;)
Chantal's retreat was amazing. I love me some Maryse too!!!!
(secret...i still haven't unpacked nor opened my goodie bag)
heck...i haven't even snapped out of my holi-daze of being with you girls yet!!!!!
:)))

La said...

It's like a toy room for adults. I wouldn't want to leave either. Thanks for sharing this amazing wonderland. La

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Pam, it was so nice to meet you! Your pictures of Chantals studio are fantastic...there was just so much to take in! I had a fabulous time too! Hope to do it again next year!

campsusie said...

Hi Pam!
It was so nice to see you at Chantal's event ~ loved every minute of it!
Awesome photos....wonderful memories!
Hope our paths cross again....soon!
Susie