Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, July 9, 2010

Steampunk Charms


I promise I will start my Green Weekend Linky Party next Friday. I want to get it right! However I had to share the amazing box of Steampunk Charms I recieved in a swap! OMG, FAB_U_LOUS, GORGEOUS...well, you get the picture. The above photo is the charm created by my dearest creative buddy, Silver Bella roomie and soon to be travel buddy to Louisiana and Texas, Sandy at Sew Revived. As always she has incorporated sewing items in her design in a creative way. The sweetest, no?

Next up is the charming swap hostess, Christine at A Work in Progress . She also included a length of chain with a sweet embellishment to get us started on creating something beautiful with all these goodies.

Truly the hostess with the mostest!


Next is a beautifully moody piece by Angie at Hopemore Studio. 
I have admired her work for a long time.
She is right across the river from me yet we haven't met in person. I really must remedy that.


This wonderfully detailed piece is from Messy Missy, new to me but I am a follower now. I love how swaps introduce you to like minded people. The bits and pieces used in this charm are amazing


This next little lovely has a beachy feel from Material Gal Molly another blog I will be following from now on.

This sweet concoction of materials was created by Patina Marie.
I can't wait to put these pieces together!


This charm also has a key theme and beautiful art encased in resin, from Sue at Katsui. She has an etsy shop too!

This cutie is from Karen, who doesn't have a blog. What a darling little trinket!


An imaginative piece from Anna. I love how the pieces are combined to form a flower!


Next up is Melanie's creation. I adore the wire work and tiny nut as a charm.


This stunning piece from Cinnibonbon just makes me smile from ear to ear! Do you not just love that hand?


This absolutely adorable piece was created by Carol at Sugar Hill Studio. Charming right?


These are some of the ones I sent along. I am going to work on putting all of these fantastic charms together. Are you jealous?


Have a fantastic Friday, P.
Pin It!

10 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

WOW!!! WHat a haul!
I don't know what it is about SteamPunk that I love (being an old school Punk!)---I think all the gizmos remind me of my dad who could fix anything, and there were always piles of these odds and ends around.
Very nice goodies!

XXOO!!
Anne

Hopemore Studio said...

Pam, I love the charms you made, and I'm so impressed by the talent of all these ladies in the swap.I still have to take the time to turn these into a wearable piece for jewelry for myself.

Ah yes..I see a meeting in our future as well, hopefully as summer moves along and the kiddos are back in school we can work out the details!

Angie

Little Messy Missy said...

I am glad you liked the charm! I had so much fun in this swap!!! I loved every charm!!!!!

Olive Cooper said...

You are a creative and inventive bunch of women. This is lovely delicate jewelry. ♣olive

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

What?
I think you have been in my dream jewelry box~ you know the one I lay awake at night thinking of.
Come join us for our friday's favorites linky party... any friday!

Katsui Jewelry said...

Pam,
I enjoyed my charm from you so much. This was such a terrific swap...I was just thrilled to get my package.I think it was the best swap I have been in. I just wish I could find the time to get my necklace done!
Hugs,
Suz

sissie said...

Yes, I'm jealous! What lovely pieces. I'm so amazed at how artists can take little pieces of this and that and create such beauty. Lucky you to have all these and I can't wait to see them put together.

hugs
Sissie

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Oh my goodness! These are all fabulous...not sure which is my favorite! The talent out there never ceases to amaze me! Thank you for sharing all these great photos!
:)

CINNIBONBON said...

Sweet!! Wasn't this the best swap ever?! Thanks for the lovely comment. I felt so out of my element for this swap, but I loved how they all turne dout. Evryone did a fantastic job.

Christine Edwards said...

Great pics, and sweet comments. Truly an amazing collection of artists participated in this swap, and I'm so happy you were one of them!