Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lia Sophia MORE Conference, I Am Energized!

Back from Milwaukee. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We got home Wednesday night from the Lia Sophia MORE Conference and I haven't stopped since. So yesterday hubs and I had a laid back day by the pool and then watched a movie and just chilled.

I am going to take you along on my Milwaukee trip. We had such a great time and the new jewelry is To-Die-For!

My manager Pam hauled 3 of us along in her SUV and we laughed the entire 7 hours (we stopped for lunch and a little shopping). Here are Pam and I in the US Cellular Arena for the opening morning. Isn't she cute?


One of the girls at conference described Pam as a one woman party and that is so completely spot on!
These 3 days were packed with fun and gifts and general sisterhood. Lia Sophia is the largest direct sales fashion jewelry company in the world and they treat their consultants like gold. We arrived on Sunday afternoon, checked into the Hilton and rushed to the Lia Sophia lounge to see the new fall line which will be available in August.


They had three rooms set up identically so we could view the jewelry at our leisure. It was usually quite crowded and everyone was ooohing and aaaahing. The next morning we went to the US Cellular Arena for the opening. The company provided entertainment as well as awards and sooo much info on empowering women to succeed.

 
We were entertained by DJ Ravi Drums and Maske Electric String Trio.
The event was set up like an arena concert. Really over the top.


The music was loud and the energy was high.


We had a great morning. No pictures at lunch but it was delicious!


The Kiam family was present for all festivities. This company was started by Victor Kiam,  entrepreneur and probably most noted for his Remington Razor fame. After his wife bought him an electric shaver he purchased the business. If you are of a certain age you will remember that he appeared in all of his commercials. His famous line was "I loved it so much, I bought the company". He and his wife Ellen also began a direct sales jewelry company to help women, especially young mothers, get out of the house and earn some extra money while still caring for their children. It grew from there, and when he passed away in 2001 his son Tory and his family took over the running of the direct sales jewelry company. They changed the name for Tory and Elena's two daughters Lia and Sophia. The business has grown immensely and they now have Lia Sophia lounges at all of the big film festivals, Cannnes, Sundance, as well as the Academy Awards parties and other events of that type. It has helped increase the recognition of the name so that women can better grow their own jewelry business.
This company does change lives. They are also the largest single contributor to the Dress for Success charity and promote women's ability to become self sufficient in that way as well.


After the morning at the arena and classes in the afternoon we were off to dinner. Laura, Pam and Julie were my roomies. Pam and Julie are with Lia Sophia and Laura came along for the get away. (She has 4 kids) She just might become a Lia Sophia gal too!


Fabulous French restaurant recommended by our cabbie, Bartolottas Lake Park Bistro. The food was scrumptious and because we were from the Lia Sophia Conference they took 20% off of our entire bill!


Speaking of fabulous, Clinton Kelly was the keynote speaker at the Arena on Tuesday. He was so entertaining and I am definitely going through my closet here at home and purging now that I have a better grip on WHAT NOT TO WEAR!


We enjoyed every moment he was on stage.


I think this was my favorite piece in the new line while I was there...but now I have about a hundred favorites! I don't know how I am going to choose what to order for my samples!
On Tuesday night we were treated to an amazing White Party at Pier Wisconsin. The entire place was shut down just for Lia Sophia's private party (all 4000 of us!). Total Red Carpet treatment. I will share those photos tomorrow.
I didn't get a picture but the banners in the downtown area were all changed to Lia Sophia and a giant necklace was hung on the side of the bridge crossing the river too.
One more thing. Summer sale time! All the jewelry in the Spring Summer catalog is buy one get two at 1/2 price, no limit! If you like to do early Christmas shopping, need jewelry for an event or wedding or just want to update your look you can view the catalog at my website, here. Just hit the Our Jewelry tab. About half of the regular catalog will be retired after July and all of the Kiam collection will retire to make way for the new pieces. Last chance for some of this jewelry and as always, every piece has a lifetime warranty.
I will be back tomorrow with more photos and fun.

Have a tantalizig Tuesday, P.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time & I can almost feel the energy!!
Love,
Marilyn

Christine Edwards said...

Pam, you were up in my neck of the woods. Your conference sounds amazing and very inspiring...glad you had such a good time.

Emom said...

Looks as though you had a fabulous time! Good for you! smiles.