Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, June 14, 2010

Poetry and Motivation (sort of)

When we built our home 17 years ago, I painted a short poem on our fireplace mantle. Not sure who wrote it, but I found it in an old children's book.


It suited our home, a simple farmhouse built atop a hill that is one of the highest points in our area, surrounded by woodlands and a few neighboring homes.


"We live in the house at the top of the hill...


Where the clouds go drifting by...


And every flower in the garden there...


Lifts it's smiling face to the sky."


It was true then.


It still is.


I will be missing a bit this week due to trying to make the deadline for Where Bloggers Create, hosted by Karen at My Desert Cottage. Hope I can finish in time. At least I am farther along than I have ever been thanks to this little kick in the pants. I missed it last year. Wish me luck. I cannot wait to see all of your creative spaces and get lot's of inspiration!

Have a motivated Monday, P.

P.S. I will post my Green Weekend  post on Friday morning so you can link to it if you have a green post. (Remember, it can be thrifty, vintage, the color, a green idea or tutorial, repurposing, anything that you consider "green"). Then I will post my creative space on Friday evening, late, so it won't interfere. I am new to this and want to thank ALVN of Whisperwood Cottage and Sue at Sullivan and Murphy for giving me the heads up on linkytools. Bloggers are truly a supportive bunch.
Pin It!

9 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

The photos are so lovely, but that yellow hollyhock makes me drool! I love them and have never managed to keep a yellow one!
Good luck with "Whee Bloggers Create"---wanted to do it but too much on the plate this year...

XXOO!!
Anne

Snappy Di said...

I'm going to do my best to make mental note to participate in your Green Week-end. Sounds like fun!

Di

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

You're welcome, Pam!

Emom said...

Photos are wopnderful....poem too....smiles.

Debby said...

This is such a beautiful post, love the photos and the poem. I am trying to get ready for the party too, geesh...like you hope I am not late...lol...

Stop by my blog and see the gorgeous journal that arrived from Avery! It is just incredible.
Debby

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I don't know what the poem is or who wrote it, but I remember that poem from my childhood. I loved it; it conjured up such sweet images. (We lived at the bottom of the hill for my first 16 years and then at the top of another hill for my next 4. I preferred the top!)

Lou Cinda said...

Beautiful photos! Stunning! Love the poem too. Such a pretty post!

Have fun!

Lou Cinda :)

Cincy said...

Gorgeous pics! I could use a new & better camera.

Christine Edwards said...

Pam, I love seeing all of the smiling faces in your garden...so beautiful. I'll "see" you this weekend cruising all of the bloggers habitats.