Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Vintage Treats that Came Home

Here is what I bought at Springfield...

Everything I brought home is going into my studio. Hours have been spent trying to get my space the way I want it. When we finished the basement, a little room was built just for Sadie and me to do our art. Instead, it somehow became a storage closet. No more! Sadie is moving to her brother's old room and her room is becoming an art studio just for her. The amount and size of the work she has as a fine arts major can't be contained in a shared studio space. (At least not one the size of a storage closet, tee hee)
Now I will have a space just for me, to fluff up as I please. Sadie can do her tatto, digital, bohemian, yada yada and I can play in my feminine, vintage, kitchsy, red and white and pink and blue and...you get the picture.
Sadie and I have similar taste in many things, but our working styles do not mesh. I am more on the tidy side. I crave some organization. I think it comes from all the "mom" years of organizing school, sports, play dates and parties, because I certainly didn't start out that way. Sadie on the other hand, is all about the process. The messier the better for her.
Now we will have our own space, respectively, but we can still collaborate when the urge hits. If I go missing for long bits of time it is only because I am working hard to complete all of these things by the end of this month. Wish me luck. If you saw the spaces now you would know I need it!
 I am also working on several swaps and I have a few other things up my sleeve that I am not quite ready to share. I have also made a few blog changes. My list of blogs was getting unmanageable on my sidebar and I was missing out on posts from some of my faves. I took the blog I tried to start about Empty Nesting and placed all my must visits there. It is much easier to find them and visit from Fly Away Home now. You can click on the first link in my sidebar to take you there. I realized I was not going to get that blog up and running anytime soon. My "empty nest" really isn't very empty at all at the moment.

The process of putting all of these "new" spaces together is so enjoyable but very time consuming so I may be MIA for a while. I hope to have a lot to share when I get a free moment here and there.
It will be a blast to put these Springfield goodies to use. The little couple planter and the poodle letter holder are pieces I purchased from Kathy at Sylvia's Vintage Daughter, and the photos and flashcards of household items are from Sandy and Joe at Rhubarb Reign. The other's are from miscellanious vendors. They will all be well loved and put to good use.
In closing I have a question for all of you vintage experts out there. I bought this awesome Lassie lunchbox for storage. What is a good way to remove some of the rust without damaging the graphics? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Have a tidy Tuesday, P.

                                                           Thanks for hosting Diane!
Pin It!

18 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh Pam...What great finds!!
I love the poodles & I have the couple planter.....The cup is just right & oh my...so many goodies!!
Have a Great Day!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Geralyn Gray said...

I love your goals and your plans for your studio......as you can see we had to get a space outside the house!!! I like the patina of the rust.....I wouldn't touch it. You have some fantastic finds!!!!! The mail holder cracked me up because my daughter told me she wants to get a big black french poodle for her first pet........for some reason the whole picture of this makes me chuckle.

Jo said...

What great finds!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

is that a Lassie lunchbox????

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Emom said...

I use WD-40 on all my metal junkin' finds....you would be surprised how much better they all look afterward...smiles.

I'm Lindsey Lou! said...

Wow! I am so jealous of all that you've found! I love, love, love that teacup!

Sandy and Joe/rhubarb reign said...

It was great to meet you! Looks like you found lots of good stuff. Come see us again!! xo

sissie said...

Great finds and lots of pretties.
I also understand the need for your own place to create, so be sure and show us when your room is finished.

As far as getting rust off of the lunchbox, I say leave it. If you can't stand it, maybe simple green would remove it, not sure.

hugs
Sissie

Linda said...

Good news about he studio! I love your finds and I swear I just saw a saucer that matched that cup. What does it say on the back? If you are interested I can check and if it's the same get it for you!

Debby said...

So many beautiful treasures. Love the pink cup and the lassie lunch box is awesome.
debby

Christine Edwards said...

Oh, lots of wonderful treasures you brought home. Good luck with getting your spaces as you like them. When you're done, would you like to help with mine? ;-) Happy Wednesday!

cheryl kuhn said...

Wow, you found some great pieces there! I bet Friday was even busier than Sat. I am not sure I even saw every booth, but I sure tried! It was an amazing show if you were a furniture person but I oohed and aahed over many things. Maybe next time I will see you there!

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Such lovely finds! They are exactly the kind of treasures I would have picked up. And in an odd way, all together they make a beautiful vignette. Stan

Laura said...

Wow, you did great.
i will admit, I was transfixed by your to do list.
I love reading other people's lists!
I think I need one too!

Thanks-
Laura

Sandi said...

Can't wait to see what you do with all these new goodies.
Thanks so much for the kind words.
VictorianGypsy

Kim said...

I just LOVE that red Christmas candy tin!

kanishk said...

Such lovely finds!
free classified india

Snappy Di said...

Where do I start?? Every item is a keeper and I would have a problem letting any of it go. My empty nest is full too and I wouldn't have it any other way. Fun post!!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal