Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Springfield Antique Show, a Junker's Paradise

We headed north yesterday morning for the Springfield Antique Show and Flea Market. Just about an hour and a half from us we have one of the biggest shows around! Although there is a show each month, in May and September they host their Extravaganza's, 2200 dealers set up on the Clark County Fairgrounds. We even set up here in September of 08. I would like to do it again this year. I posted about it here and here.


Everything can be found here, from stained glass windows and huge door frames to flowers for your garden.


I met a couple of bloggers there as well. Here is Kathy from Sylvia's Vintage Daughter. Her space is always so cute. Just like her.


My hubs took a pic of us together but my eyes were closed so no posting that one! I bought a few sweet goodies for my studio space from her. More on my haul later.


I am on a tight budget so no big items for me until I get rid of all the things already overflowing in my garage. I was sorely tempted though.

Look at this crazy little German deco piece. It is a toy replica of a store for a child. The drawers have all the items printed in German on the front.  Someone's little kinder must have spent hours playing here. Wonderful! Wunderschon! Wunderbar! Wundervoll! OK, enough!

I also met Sandy and Joe from Rhubarb Reign, no pics though. We were just about finished at the point and I totally forgot about my camera. Unbelievable, I know. They will be at the Burlington Antiques Show tomorrow and that is even closer to us. If we get a moment to head south I will try to get a pic. I did score some great ephemera there however. I will share it in another post.

So many things to covet. We also had a ball just watching the people, and being surrounded by the scent of fairground food.


I mean, seriously, when you think of Ohio fairgrounds, you immediately envision Thai food...right? Good, though.


I can't count how many little dogs were being pushed around in strollers. These two were a hoot!


This piece of re-purposed furniture was amazing. An old cabinet, tin tiles, the top of a gas stove, a bit of paint and some wine glass holders, voila, a vintage bar! I want one.


I saved the best for last. This pic is for TNT Debbie and her Cat Daddy. We didn't sample the fare but I took a lot of photos because I have a little plan for them. Later...

I will share my purchases in another post, today is my sweet little Sadie girl's 19th birthday and we also have a party tonight for my good friend's son who just graduated from college and has taken a job in Cambodia. Busy weekend, hope yours is great!

Have a scintillating Saturday, P.
Pin It!

17 comments:

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

looks like so much fun - we also have lots of ethnic food vendors at the events here in Connecticut.

When you hear about a good New England social event in COnnecticut, doesn't a sushi bar spring to mind? LOL

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

What a fabulous place. So many wonderful goodies. I could do some serious damage at this place. Love it all. Hugs, Marty

Sue said...

Pam- I heard from Kathy that I missed seeing you. I hit her place first thing in the am, then went on and about for the next 5 hours! My feet were killing me at the end of the day. LOL I bought a few things, too, and took some pics for some inspiration. Kathy's little show in July should be fun, don't you think? Have a great weekend- the sun is out and gorgeous today! hugs, Sue

Debby said...

OH how I wish I could have been there, looks like such a fun day. Those puppies are too cute.
Debby

Robin Sanchez said...

I would LOVE to have that little garden table set for my patio.

Looks like fun, but like you, I cant bring anything home till something else goes!!

~Robin~

Geralyn Gray said...

Happy Birthday Sadie!!!!! WOW!!!!! That looks like a great show.....I love that vintage bar too!!!

Jo said...

I found quite a few treasures there today myself - got a full size antique bed for $90! There seemed to be a lot of dogs there in baskets - not to mention all the ppl with baskets. We were pooped after 7 hrs..I didn't take many photos..glad to see someone did

Hopemore Studio said...

What a great day. I would have forgotten all about Burlington, thanks for the reminder. I will have to get out there tomorrow too! Treasure are awaiting...

Angie

trash talk said...

You know what I love best about this post? All the vibrant colors in your photos just scream warm weather fun! Love them all and I really love that little bistro set. Well, truth be told...I love Kathy's sweater too!
You are such a stinker. I had heard you were a little tease but I didn't believe it until now!
Debbie

Christine Edwards said...

Wow, so jealous...looks like a fantastic day. I need that cubby cabinet that is behind Kathy! Grrr! Glad you're joining in the Steampunk Charm Swap.

Sue said...

Oh, all your lovely photos have so gotten me in the mood for some serious flea marketing! I need to go make my shopping list. Luckily Lucketts Spring Faire is next weekend so I will have a chance to hunt for treasures. Thanks for sharing your fun!

Sue

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Looks like so much fun! That German mini store display is crazy. Stan

Marilyn said...

Wowee!!!! I could break the bank with all these goodies!!
Glad you had fun!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

kanishk said...

looks like so much fun.
free classified india

Pearl Maple said...

Way to much creative inspiration to be seen from your photos, hope you had fun.

Kathy said...

Pam - great pics of the show!!! It was fun meeting you - and hey, I've got a really good pic of us - will post it soon (eyes open ha ha) :) (I found the sweater at TJ Maxx - love the color too!)

The weather was SO beautiful - and Springfield is always such a blast!

Hope to see some of my blogging friends in July.....

Big hugs! Kathy

Donna said...

Pam, What fun to see the pics of Springfield. The picture of the green metal chair and painted cabinet is from my booth.
Stop by in Sept and introduce yourself. It was a great show and our first time setting up. Looking forward to meeting you.
Donna and Shirley