Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, May 10, 2010

Made That (Or copied in this case)


New door decor completely inspired ( some could say stolen) from Joy at Joys of Home. She has the best decorating ideas and is one of my big DIY inspirations. Although silk flowers are not a huge part of my decor, how else can you bring color to a front door that is constantly in use? Real flowers here would last all of an hour or two before having their delicate little blossoms scattered over the porch.


Joy has the perfect thrifty solution.
My front door went from red to green two years ago (note the red showing through where the dogs scratch to get in, I touch up door paint every month or so) and I have been wanting a pop of red here. I followed Joy's lead . Three bunches of poppies and a foam block from Dollar Tree, a Good Will basket sprayed white, a red frame from Michaels dollar bin and some daisies from my craft stash and voila!


I stuck the block of foam in the basket and arranged the flowers. I downloaded a butterfly print from Abbie at the Vintage Moth. Love her generous spirit! Cut the print to size and popped it in the frame. I didn't have floral wire immediately at hand so I grabbed some paper clips and wired the frame to the basket as well as creating a hanging loop at the back. Then onto the hook already attached to the door.  Aside from the trip to DT this all took less than 20 minutes.


Check out the basket of hydrangeas on Joy's header. As soon as I find a similar basket that is so going to be my next project. Really Joy, I'm not stalking you...much. She is such a wealth of ideas when you are stuck on a decorating project and have a small budget as well. Visit her if you haven't already. She is awesome!

Have a mellow Monday, P.
Pin It!

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

OMGoodness.....I think your door decor is beautiful!! I love the green door!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

sissie said...

Lovely door arrangement. I love the idea of the little frame with the image, it makes the basket so special.

hugs
Sissie

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

That looks great! I really like the color of the front door too, very nice.
~Michelle

Holly said...

Beautiful and welcoming. I have a purple door and have been thinking about changing it to green...I {heart} your door!

Creative Breathing said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I do hope you find your way to the wonderful Antique Mall on Route 70 towards Indiana at the Springfield exit. An entire day is needed for sure! Your blog is so very elegant and sophisticated. I can tell your business venture will be a great success! I'm just an Empty Nester with a small craft space and time on my hands, but I so love this creative community of women. It's lovely to meet you! Elizabeth

Debby said...

Love it!!! Looks fabulous.
Debby

Laura said...

It looks beautiful.
As soon as the paint dries, I'll be planning a new gront door arrangement too.

Laura
White Spray Paint

Tonia w/ Chic Modern Vintage said...

I love the door color and the arrangement on the door. I might try this on my back door. I have a glass storm door on my front door. I found you via my repurposed life, and I'm glad I did.

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

Great job on your door decor. I also get inspiration from Joy!
Just wanted to let you know that I am featuring your blog today on my "Featured Followers Friday"
gail

Geralyn Gray said...

Love all of your decorating inspiration......thanks for all of your good wishes.....it means a lot....hopefully I will keep diving in and not think about it too much....it is scary......but, this is it for me.......you know that now or never feeling.......it is exciting and can't wait to post more about it.....today is time with my mom day....she deserves it and has been waiting patiently to have time with me!!!!!