Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

More for Me!!!

I may sound like I am greedy and gloating but... I have more stuff to show you!
While I was in Chicago I won 2, yes two, you heard right TWO Give Aways!!!
The first was a seat in Johanna Peterson's class Designing with Scraps at mycreativeclassroom.com.


This is one of the darling projects from the class that Johanna created. The best part has been learning great ideas about how to use and store all of those left over pieces of paper and ribbon and embellishments instead of running out to buy more or throwing away pieces that seem to small to use. She has some wonderful ideas.

I also won Chantal's Give Away at her blog Wishblooms.
It is a kit to make one of her fabulous embellished crosses. This is her first Give Away and I was so honored to win!


I was able to choose my color scheme and Chantal put the kit together just for me. I will show the finished piece by the end of the week. (I have learned to start setting deadlines in order to accomplish anything!)
I met Chantal and her mom Maryse, at Silver Bella last year. They are two of the loveliest, classiest and dearest women you would ever want to meet.
Chantal is hosting her second annual art workshop event, called Tidbits and Tassels in August.
Guess what? I am going to go! I get to meet up with sweet Chantal and Maryse again, in Texas. (My favorite state to visit. If they ever decide to secede I want fair warning so I can become a citizen!!!)
Even better, I am flying early in the week to Louisiana to meet up with my girls Jodie, of Everything Vintage and Sandy of Sew Revived, to spend some time hanging and laughing and creating at Jodie's house. I didn't get to go last year and was soooo jealous that Sandy got to visit without me.
This will be Jodie's second Tidbits and Tassels and I was drooling over her photos from last year!
Of course these are the two gals that spoiled me rotten on my birthday. I am bursting at the seams with all the fun coming up this year.
Enough celebrating for me for the moment.
How is your year shaping up so far.?
I hope it looks as promising as mine!
Have a tremendous Tuesday, P. (I am going back to my alliterations again Debbie!)
P.S. I have also decide to turn my playlist back on, I just can't live without a soundtrack.
Pin It!

11 comments:

Marilyn said...

Congratulations to you on your wins!! What a great post.....
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Berlin Deluxxe said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see what you'll be making!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

CONGRATS on the terrific wins - looking forward to that rose!

Geralyn Gray said...

Congratulations on your prizes...they are fantastic!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip to Texas and Louisianna!!!!

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

You are one lucky gal! Congrats! ~Mindy

Debby said...

Congrats on your winnings, lucky girl. But I am really, really jealous of the weekend you have planned. Have lots of fun!!!
Debby

Rebecca said...

Wow you have been lucky lately
Congrats! It also sounds like you have been having way too much fun, just jealous here,
Blessings
Rebecca

trash talk said...

Terrific treats...tantalizing travel...true to Texas...yes girly...the T's have it!
I am SO jealous!!!
Debbie

zandra said...

Congrats! How do I get on those birthdays lists! ;o)
Happy belated birthday, Pam!
Hugz, Z

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

eeek!
I can't wait Pam!!!
I can't wait to see you, spend all night laughing until we are crying and complaining that our tummy's hurt...I CAN'T WAIT!
Can you imagine all that, combined with a roadtrip to Chantal's, creating in her wonderful studio, seeing Sandy again, and oh my gosh...can you imagine????
My tummy is starting to hurt as I'm giggling enought already!!!!
I'm sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT...seriously...I'm jealous.
I thought that I was supposed to win Chantal's kit...what's up with that? I have a bone to pick with her!
;)
Counting down the days...well, the months...hahaha

Paula Clare said...

The little house journal is just TOO adorable...did you ever show us the completed cross??? I'll have to recheck your posts...going to visit Chantal's blog!