Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Birthday Gifts From Two Beautiful Women

Warning!!! If you read this you will be jealous...
I celebrated my birthday on Sunday, went to lunch with the fam and then I had a work meeting to attend at 6PM. (BTW the lia sophia girls had cupcakes, a gift and they even made me stand while they sang Happy Birthday, so it wasn't a bummer to have a meeting that night.)
Then...I got these in the mail...


What is more wonderful than a package from the mailman, with all of the possibilities it holds? How about two packages?


Not one to ponder too long on what might be contained within these tempting boxes, I promptly tore into the first...


Sweet Ms. Jodie LeJeune, my bestest Cajun buddy sent me a lovely rose printed card as well as one of her signature tags. Gorgeous!


Look what else! One of her beautiful stuffed hearts with a darling button tag attached, Everything Vintage of course.


One side is just as perfect as the other. This is one talented gal, if you don't already know that.  Jodie, thanks so much for remembering!


Then of course I had to rip open the other package... Another rose on this card from sweet Bella best friend and roomie Sandy, who made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe.



The cute little heart tag inside says it all.


The things that we love tell us who we are.


Well Sandy, I definitely love you!


There were little packages inside the big package to open. Lavender flowers made from netting...


Pink floral pins created from knitted trim...


A packet of words to inspire.


Adorable paper doll fabric, to encourage me to sew a bit.


An unbelievable bracelet of buttons and snaps keeping with Sandy's blog theme Sew Revived.  This gorgeous pendant of glass and filigree.


 As well as a CD of images to use in my collage work and a box of chocolates filled with peanut butter from her home town. (These, alas, are already gone, tee hee)


Girls, you overwhelm me with your generosity and talent. How could I ever want for two better friends. I wish we lived within shouting distance instead of spread out across the country.
Jodie and Sandy, I am sending you big hugs. Hope we get to reunite soon. Love you both!

Have a wonderful weekend, P.
Pin It!

17 comments:

Rochelle said...

Lucky girl! Happy Birthday!
Rochelle

trash talk said...

Aren't you just the luckiest birthday girl ever? Having two wonderful, talented friends should be present enough...but no...they shower you with gifts to make this chubby girl pea green with envy!
Happy belated B'day from your no-talent friend.
Debbie

Debby said...

Oh my gosh, look at all your beautiful gifts. You are one lucky girl. Happy Belated Birthday.
debby

Berlin Deluxxe said...

OMG, these are all so perfect!
I too have something for you I found something the other day that reminded me of you! (I lost your address when I moved so if you can please email it to me I'd appreciate it)

sissie said...

Happy Birthday to you! What lovely gifts from two very sweet ladies.

hugs

Sissie

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

What beautiful gifts you received from your friends! I couldn't help but comment and wish you a Happy Birthday ~ I celebrated mine yesterday! ;)

stephanie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Pam....What FUN packages you received full of FUN presents from two FUN ladies...

Hope you are doing well...Happy Spring...

Geralyn Gray said...

Perfect!!!!!! Absolutely perfect gifts for you Pam......even though I have never met Jodie and Sandy in person it just confirms they are the sweetest and talented friends and they know you like a book!!!!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

what a treasure trove of goodies!

happy happy happy to you!

http://tristanrobinblakeman.com/BdayBalloons.gif

Emom said...

How wonderful!
And you are worth it, all of it.
Again thank you for the "prize",
you are the best!
smiles...

Debra@Common Ground said...

Hi Pam, hope you had a wonderful Birthday and oh yes, all your goodies do bring out the green! Love them all.
xoxo,
Debra

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh my, Pam! Jealous is right...such lovely gifts! I LOVE that stuffed frenchy pillow...wonderful! Hapy birthday a little late...hope it was a good one. BTW...my DD used to sell Lia Sophia! lol Happy week...hugs...Debbie

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Pam-
what lovely gifts from lovely friends to a special friend-
YOU.

Best wishes,
Laura

I'm Lindsey Lou! said...

Oh wow. I love that heart tag thing. So cute. Happy (belated) birthday :-)

Rose said...

Just wanted to wish you a very happy belated Birthday. Looks like you cleaned up....
Rose

personalized retirement gifts said...

Such a beautiful gifts. You are very lucky.I love that heart tag gift. So cute.

tanveer said...

Wow you are very intelligent.I was looking these things.You have saved my time.
Send gifts to pakistan