Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Vintage Blessings and a Winner!


I know I probably owe an explanation. I do have a winner, I just didn't have time to post yesterday. I also must apologize for not commenting often lately. Again, that time thing. I am really struggling with whether to pack in the blog. I have been neglecting it so much. I will keep trying for a bit and then make my decision. Meanwhile...

Just a few little pretties I picked up recently. I collect these little plastic party favor baskets and parasols when I find them. Sweet memories of childhood birthday parties when all the little girls wore dresses with sashes and crinoline pettycoats.

Jello molds for projects, if I ever find the time, and the cutest sets of match books and boxes. Jodie, should I open them? I know your answer already!


Sigh...so sweet.


Check the price on this packet of matchbooks! There are six books in the pack.


I love these little characters. Charming, no?
Okay.
I know, you are just dying to know who won the mini giveaway.


I really loved all the tidbits of your lives and the blog suggestions. I had Sadie pick a number and
the winner is the lovely and talented Emom at Life in the 2nd Half Century! Photographer, writer, handbag artisan and a great blogger as well. Go say hi if you haven't already.


I couldn't pick what piece to give away so I am going to let her choose. Emom, I will send an email to you to explain how to go about that.


Another collection of mine. I love these vintage packets of birthday candles. More nostalgia. Back in the day when birthdays were really something to look forward too, tee hee. Actually, I think they still are. Each year is a new opportunity. A chance to enter a new door in life. Glad you are traveling through with me. Not sure when I'll post again but I will be visiting.

See you in the funny papers! P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Congratulations to your winner!
Oh, those little plastic baskets.....I haven't seen them in over 50 years!!
Palm Sunday Blessings!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

congrats to the winner!

you found a treasure trove of goodies - I love those matchbooks with the children in card suit costumes! adorable.

Geralyn Gray said...

Love those vintage goodies.....one of my purchases this week were vintage matchbook covers that were never attached to the matches....the images are great....I should take pictures and post,

Emom said...

Oh thank you! what a thrill....smiles.

Debby said...

Congrats to your winner. What a sweet post, so fun to see these goodies.
debby

Berlin Deluxxe said...

These goodies are so neat! Hope to see you in blogland again soon, meanwhile- keep shopping and creating lovelies :)

Heidi said...

I have not seen vintage candles with such cute graphics! Sweet!
:)Heidi

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

What?
I didn't win?
What's with that Pam-E-L-A???
;)
Naaaah, don't open them! tee hee!
okay now...I'm back from my travels...for now at least. I'll be leaving for Savannah in a couple of weeks...whew!
I need to catch up here...but I'm all boo-dayed that I didn't win.
Off to pout...
;)