Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday Randomness


We haven't seen much of the sun for months here in the Cincinnati area. So I am grateful for these past few days to let me know there is an end to the gloom. Morning sun just lifts the soul.


I cannot get enough. It puts me in the mood for a good Spring cleaning. Air out the last dregs of winter. 


Put away the heavy boots and chunky knits.


Dust and polish so sunlight reflects off every surface.


Rearrange and renew. The longer I live the more I crave the light. I am feeling refreshed. Rays of hope come brightly through the windows. A door opening upon a new, reborn world.


A light at the end of the long winter tunnel. I am ready.


How about you? 

Have a bright, shiny Thursday, P.



Pin It!

14 comments:

The Elegant Thrifter said...

I am right with you. I am so affected by the sun. And like you the older I get the more it is evident. We've had a bit of sun the last few days and it has made a world of good!

Have a wonderful day!

Stan

sissie said...

When we built our new home I wanted windows everywhere. I love lots of light and you are right, it's uplifting and creates a good mood and atmosphere.

Such lovely photos.

hugs
Sissie

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

I am SO ready...beautiful post girl!

zandra said...

Me, too! Missing the sun here on the east coast. Mostly cloudy not much sun. Just makes you feel happy with the sunshine on your face. Have a great weekend!
Hugz, Z

Sea Witch said...

What a loving and renewing post. I'm the same way, I have got to get into my spring cleaning, shaking out the winter air and letting the sun stream in. Sea Witch

I'm Lindsey Lou! said...

I am so lucky to have a naturally bright apartment. It's an apartment that faces out on a courtyard on one side, and on the other, I get a little view of the Midtown Atlanta skyline. It's great because the sun practically rises in my bedroom and sets somewhere around my dining room. I LOVE a bright apartment with natural light.

Emom said...

I agree wholeheartedly! I am itching for the sunshine....smiles.

Rebecca said...

Sounds very good to me... I am with you the longer I live the more sun light I need. It has been gray here in Chicago also but the last few days the sun has popped out in the afternoon
Enjoy
Blessings
Rebecca

Berlin Deluxxe said...

I'll be sure to send you some California sunlight your way!
(I love your vignettes!)

Rochelle said...

I am DEFINITELY ready! Ready for that springtime weather and SUN, SUN, SUN!
Cheers
Rochelle

Kim said...

Spring is coming to us here in DC as well! It smells so good & makes you want to get outside.

I love every photo of your home...every vignette is full of eye candy.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I'm with you. Except when the sun is out, I'm usually out as well. So, my house doesn't gleam, but my spirit does!

Embellish-Vintage Home Embellishments said...

I absolutely love the shelf with the wrought iron hooks. The vignette on top is positively beautiful. I am also from Cincy, I live on the east side. I didn't realize your were from Cincinnati. I love your blog. If you get the chance, stop by my blog sometime.

Take care, B

natalie hansen said...

Love the striped walls!! Fabulous!