Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, March 29, 2010

Made That? Part 2


 Looks like the blogger problem has been corrected. I just got in and wanted to get this posted as I had planned to do this morning. This is more of a recycle than a made that but...really, I am loving it.
I received this awesome wood piece from  my swap partner Avery at Junk Market. It is from a school science lab.

I had a bag full of craft store eggs from previous years of Spring decorating.


Add a dollar's worth of Dollar Tree "moss rocks".


An "oops" apperitif glass, missing it's base, and a tea light.


Not there yet...




  

Complete! How's that for a Spring centerpiece? Minimal and just enough to get the message across.
I am going very low key this Easter. My bunnies and pastels are staying in the bins. I will share the rest of my very simple Easter decorating later in the week. I will visit you all to see the lovely Spring touches I just cannot get to this year.

TTFN, P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Theresa @ 612Riverside said...

PERFECT!!! Theresa

Marilyn said...

It says "Spring is here & Winter is out the door"!!
Happy Tuesday!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

The Elegant Thrifter said...

What a smart idea. I have never see moss rocks before!
Stan

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

really lovely! the broken glass in the test tube holder is very clever!

Berlin Deluxxe said...

I love this neat project! And what a clever use of broken stemware :)

thedomesticfringe said...

Very pretty. Love Spring!

-FringeGirl

averyann said...

My, but the wood did clean up nicely! I love the simple elegance of what you have created and hope you enjoy the versatility of the old test tube holder each and every change of the seasons!
Happy Spring!
Avery

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

Simple and elegant! Gorgeous, Pam!!