Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, March 12, 2010

Keeping Up

I do not seem to be able to stay current with anything lately and blogging has been the worst. I am trying to keep up with assignments in my Web Design class, keep my lia sophia business afloat, which means calls and organization and keeping up with paper work, trying to keep my house clean and attempting to get some long overdue redecorating done. Which brings me to this picture.
Remember when my son moved home for 6 months and we repainted his room in the color of his choice? Well this room is now my office (with another cardboard creation homework assignment from Sadie's art teacher stored here). It is BRIGHT! Not in a good way.
Can you imagine trying to work in a room this COLOR? I am longing for something soothing to the eye like my little blue room. Maybe soft greys with black and white. But I just CAN'T GET TO IT! Something has to go, so I am cutting back on blogging to get to the other things I need to do.

How do you all keep up? I just cannot seem to cover all the bases. If there is a secret I am missing, let me know. I barely have time to visit all of you much less post. For now I will be here when I can find a spare moment. I will miss you. I hope to get back on track soon.

Oh and did I tell you, we decided to beef up the baseboard trim on the first floor. (One accomplishment almost complete) I was nailing the thick corner pieces with my trusty nail gun and hit a piece of metal trim. The nail missed and went through my index finger. It would have gone all the way through but luckily it bounced away when it hit the metal strip. So it went in one side and stopped on the other BEHIND my finger nail. Not one of the the sweet little trim nails but a big honkin' four inch nail. Now I have to type and clean and paint while remembering not to bang my index finger against anything lest I scream in pain. Plus hubs and son don't trust me with my favorite toy anymore. It was a birthday gift two years ago and I am not giving it up!

No wonder I don't get anything completed. Here I sit playing when I have other things to do. I will be lurking around when I can.

Back soon, P.

P.S. I know I have an award to acknowledge and a fatbook to rave about, and some thank you gifts to get out. I will get to that eventually. Please bear with me! Oh and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Pin It!

13 comments:

Hopemore Studio said...

I think some folks thrive on the busy lifestyle, me on the other hand I am like you just barely keeping up. Even though my plate is full I keep piling on more.

I cringed when I read about your finger...ouch! I pray you heal soon.

Angie

Emom said...

I never, absolutely never am caught up....I always feel totally behind...there are no tricks that I know of....sorry...but don't feel all alone....really. Smiles.

trash talk said...

I turn into a basket case! That's a nice way of saying a b*&%h! I have to cut back on something and I'm afraid,like you, it will be blogging. Right now my house is the thing that is suffering. It's a wreck and I would just die of shame if anyone saw it. Did I mention I can't stand piles and they are everywhere until we get to Warrenton. UGH! Stay cool, check in when you can and drop me a joke every now and then!
Debbie

Debra@Common Ground said...

Oh Pam, a nail gun injury, that must hurt more than I can imagine! I can see why a paint job is priority. Blue sounds relaxing and tranquil. Too much to do makes me nutty, and I'm about to reach my threshold too. Take a break, we'll still be here!
hugs,
Debra

Marilyn said...

I NEVER use nail guns.....I know how clutzy I am...I know my limitations!!
Glad it wasn't serious...
Enjoy the Weekend!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Embellish-Vintage Home Embellishments said...

Sorry to hear about your nail gun mishap. Hang in there. I look at your office color and I see the creativity of your children which they obviously inherited from you!

zandra said...

Ouch! :o( That sounded painful! Hope things get better.
Hugz, Z

Sue said...

Oh Pam, I cannot imagine using a nail gun- I have this fear of shooting myself in the foot! Or finger, as your in your incident. Ouch... Hope you get feeling better, it is so hard not to be able to use your hand to its full capacity. As for your organizational skills, lately- I can sympathize completely. I never seem to get done. I start a project only to get interrupted to make a meal, tend to meds, give an IV, etc. etc.... Hope this all ends soon and Mr.S's health gets closer to normal. I just tell people who visit to expect some dust and disorganization. If they fault me for it- too bad, so sad. Hang in there and visit and post when you can. There have to be priorities, I know this from experience! Take care. hugs, Sue

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Ouch Pam!
Isn't there a "Pam Kern" warning label on that nail gun??? hahaha
Girl, you are so full of surprises...but glad you're still ALIVE at least!
Do whatcha gotta do...we'll be here waiting.
And...if anyone tells you what the secret is to doing it ALL...be sure and share it with the rest of us :)

Debby said...

I find it very hard to keep up also. It is spring, we all have things to get accomplished. I am in the mood to start getting rid of things that have sat there for years and are never looked at. BLAH!!! Hope your finger gets better soon.
debby

The Elegant Thrifter said...

I don't keep up, but I try not to sweat it. I do the best I can. If I'm on deadline, well that is a priority, but then things slip. That's just the way it is for me. Have a restful weekend! Stan

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

ouch

that sounds worse than when I ran the sewing machine needle through my finger.

I hear a martini takes the edge off.

Berlin Deluxxe said...

Aww, I hope your finger heals soon. I can only imagine how awful it must hurt! I can't wait to see your finished project. I too feel as if I can't get anything accomplished in this project named "my house."