Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fabulous Junk Swap



I know I am on hiatus to a point but I had to share this!
I recently participated in a junk swap at Junkmarket Style. I received my package on Saturday from my delightful swap partner Avery. She is an art teacher who uses junk to make jewelry and assemblages. Perfect partner. I know you are completely jealous. Just look at this fabulous stash I received!!!


You wish you were me right now, no?


You really must not drool all over your keyboard.


I knew this one would get you! Fantastic piles of yummy junk.


What more is there to say?


She even took into consideration my fascination with everything pertaining to the Sacraments.


Now I need to put my thinking cap on and start creating. Avery, you are the best! You need to start a blog and show us all the creative things you do with the junk you find.
Once again I was lame and forgot to take pics before I sent my box out.  Hope she enjoys what I sent as much as I am enjoying her selection. (Sadie and I keep going through it all as if it was a treasure chest filled with diamonds.) To us it is!

Have a treasure of a day, P.

BTW I temporarily added the eggs to the wooden piece Avery sent. I am loving that piece! It may become my permanent centerpiece to play with through the seasons!
Pin It!

17 comments:

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

what a wonderful stash stack! lucky you!

sissie said...

Now that's what I call a junk lovers box of treasures!

hugs
Sissie

Annesphamily said...

You hit the ultimate jackpot! Good for you! Now get busy creating some treasures to make us all drool! Have a great hiatus!

Debby said...

How fun, what an awesome swap. Yep. wishing I were you right now..
Debby

Rochelle said...

I had to go get a towel! hah hah....you scored girl!
Rochelle

Marilyn said...

Great "stuff"!! Have fun with it....
Have a Wonderful Week!
Marilyn

Ribbons and Pigtails said...

Ooooooo....what wonderful junk ;) I am blushing in envy :)

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

Great junk items, Pam! You have a great junk swap partner!! Now, get to work! We want to see what you create!!

Embellish-Vintage Home Embellishments said...

Wow, it all looks like a sweet vignette that you would see on the pages of a magazine. How she could give up those numbers?? What a sweet friend! Thanks for sharing however, I am very jealous!

zandra said...

Fabulous!
Hugz, Z

Sue said...

Fabulous treasures! What fun you will have creating :)

Sue E.

Berlin Deluxxe said...

What neat goodies!

InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Pam-
Thanks for leaving me such a nice note. Too many of us are in the same boat. My husband has a least 10 friends all over the country "in transition" also. Hopefully the economy will turn around soon. My husband is also trying to start his own venture, two actually. He is constantly networking and meeting with people and connecting. I hope your husband has success with his. I keep in the back of my mind that it is only temporary.
I have to comment on the junk your received - what fun. I will have to follow you to see what you come up with.
My best- Diane

Katsui Jewelry said...

I want it! What a stash!

Suz

Emom said...

Am loving the junk...smiles.

Kim said...

Wow. That is an amazing box of goodies. You are one very lucky girl. Just looking at it is inspiring!

averyann said...

I received your items in the Junk Swap...how cool! Check out the Junk Market Style web site to see some of my creations...your junk lives on in another format! http://www.junkmarketstyle.com/item/23290/a-few-results-from-my-junk-swap-adventure
Thanks for sending such great "stuff'!
Avery