I received this award a while back from Nita @ Mod Vintage Life.
She shares the love of Old Hollywood style decorating, story book homes and incorporating vintage into modern life with us like minded souls.
Those of us who wish we could step right into the interior sets of movies on TMC...who pay more attention to the furnishings than the actors at times...who hope for a little of the glamour of that era to experience a revival...Nita has the same sensibility. Nostalgia in modern times. Go visit and tell her I said hello.
I could list so many blogs that should receive this award. You are all beautiful in so many ways. I think my sidebar says it all. How about leaving a comment with some new (to me) favorites that I can visit and add to the list?
I am also to list 7 things you don't know about me. (Hmmm, since I tend to blab every piece of minutia about myself that pops into my head, this is tricky)
1. I was a licensed cosmetologist for a while in my early 20's. Did hair in the era of early 80's Blondie and Madonna. Glad that's over!
2. I loved spinach as a child. (Still do) I couldn't get enough. I think I watched too much Popeye. (Spinach loving sailor cartoon, or later, Robin Williams character, in case you are much younger than me. Who isn't?)
3. When I met my hubs, in my hairdresser era, my hair was about 3/4's of an inch long. Wish I could get away with that now. Anything can look fabulous at twenty one or two.
4. I would wear black or super dark nail polish if I didn't think it would look too freakish on a woman of my ...ahem...age.
5. I have vintage 30's deco/nouveau bedroom furniture that I am seriously considering painting pale grey. I love the lines but I really want a lighter, softer look. Shocking? I need advice.
7. I bought a dulcimer several years ago, with the intention of learning to play. Haven't gotten terribly far but it's on my bucket list.
OK. Back at ya babies! Tell me at least one thing I don't know about you. Leave it in a comment along with a recommended blog and I will randomly draw a number for a piece of lia sophia jewelry. Not sure which piece but I guarantee it will be lovely.
Tell your friends!
Have a wonderful week. I will draw the number on Friday! Luck and love, P.