Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thoroughly Random

I am sharing a joke sent to me by my dear friend Mary who always knows how to make me laugh. 
Isn't she the prettiest thing?



This one is funny cause it's true, I have actually done this! Aging sucks!





HAVE YOU EVER BEEN GUILTY OF LOOKING AT OTHERS YOUR OWN AGE AND THINKING, SURELY I CAN'T LOOK THAT OLD?  WELL . . . YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONE.

MY NAME IS ALICE , AND I WAS SITTING IN THE WAITING ROOM FOR MY FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH A NEW DENTIST.

 

I NOTICED HIS DDS DIPLOMA ON THE WALL, WHICH BORE HIS FULL NAME. SUDDENLY, I REMEMBERED A TALL, HANDSOME, DARK-HAIRED BOY WITH THE SAME NAME HAD BEEN IN MY HIGH SCHOOL CLASS SOME 30-ODD YEARS AGO.

 

COULD HE BE THE SAME GUY THAT I HAD A SECRET CRUSH ON, WAY BACK THEN?

 

UPON SEEING HIM, HOWEVER, I QUICKLY DISCARDED ANY SUCH THOUGHT.

 

THIS BALDING, GRAY-HAIRED MAN WITH THE DEEPLY LINED FACE WAS WAY TOO OLD TO HAVE BEEN MY CLASSMATE.

 

AFTER HE EXAMINED MY TEETH, I ASKED HIM IF HE HAD ATTENDED MORGAN PARK HIGH SCHOOL .

 

'YES. YES, I DID. I'M A MUSTANG,' HE GLEAMED WITH PRIDE.

 

WHEN DID YOU GRADUATE?' I ASKED.

 

HE ANSWERED, 'IN 1975. WHY DO YOU ASK?'

 

YOU WERE IN MY CLASS!', I EXCLAIMED.

 

HE LOOKED AT ME CLOSELY.

 

THEN, THAT UGLY,

 

OLD,

 

BALD,

 

WRINKLED FACED,

 

FAT-A@#$%,

 

GRAY-HAIRED,

 

DECREPIT

 

SON-OF-A-B&%#$

 

ASKED,

 


'WHAT DID YOU TEACH???'

Ha ha ha, hoo hoo hoo, tee hee, snort!

Have an ageless day, P.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh My Gosh...
Sweetie I am laughing so hard. Only a man would say something like that. Yep, this one is a winner.

I will check out your friends site, and yes she is beautiful.

I too graduated in 1975. Only from Oklahoma. I was an Enid High Plainsmen.

Have a beautiful day sweetie. Country hugs, Sherry

LemonyRenee' said...

ROTFLOL!

trash talk said...

And with that, she bit him!
Debbie

Linda said...

Oh I love this one! So funny and just what I needed this morning.

lulu redstar said...

Ouch! Men obviously don't look into mirrors too often.
Come by and see me. I have a new blog! ox