Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, February 12, 2010

Is It Almost Spring?

Cozy is good for December and January. However by mid February I am longing for a bit of green. A warmish breeze. Iced tea instead of hot.


I know the promise of renewal is waiting under the cold earth. It is just not time yet.


I am patient. However I always find these particular few weeks before March rather trying. I ache for a change in the season about now. Although I know it is coming it seems like forever. I suppose that is what Lent is all about. Awaiting new life. Resurrection. 
We need to look inward before being reborn in spring. So I will be taking a few weeks for reflection and renewal.


Time for some brightening up, replenishing, shaking off the winter doldrums.


 As beautiful as this is I am ready for something else. Fresh and green instead of sparkling white. 


I will be back, reinvigorated, around March 1st.
Don't forget me.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day, a fabulous Fat Tuesday, and any other reason to celebrate as well.
Hugs, P.
Pin It!

17 comments:

zandra said...

Happy Valentine's Day Pam! So, glad your page made it into the fat book! It is surly a book I will treasure for years to come. So, glad I got to be a part of it.
;o)
Hugz, Z

Rebecca said...

Hello
Looking forward to spring also, but it is a little early here in Chicago for that.
I hope come back refresed and renewed.
Blessings
Rebecca

thedomesticfringe said...

Enjoy your weekend and your Valentine's Day!

-FringeGirl

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

I'm with you all the way - I'm ready for green!

Happy Valentine's Day

Jodie LeJeune said...

March 1st????
You are leaving us until March 1st? Pam...that is 16 days away!
okay OKAY...everyone needs a break, I just had to panic a little.
(still panic-ing but i won't show it.)
Defrost and take some asprin for your Spring Fever...hope you will feel better soon~
everything vintage

cityfarmer said...

it's coming ..
slow but sure!

let's catch up

Marilyn said...

I am "green deprived" & longing for Summer breezes!!
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Emom said...

Thank you for the wonderful photos....smiles.

Berlin Deluxxe said...

Having taken some time off myself I now have a lot of catching up to do! I hope your time off is filled with rest and inspiration :)
(btw, I loooove the way you displayed your mugs and the motif on them!)

trash talk said...

I'm afraid I'll be as crazy as a March Hare if it doesn't get here soon. I feel like y'all...we got 12" of snow here in Dallas...can you believe it?
I saw the "fat" book at Jodie's and it was gorgeous!
Debbie

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I'm waiting for Spring too! Hope you had a great Sunday and V-Day!

Linda said...

I'm sooooo looking forward to SPRING and GREEN grass:) Hope you had a great weekend and enjoy your time off!

Blessings,
Linda

I'm Lindsey Lou! said...

Too true, I am ready for sunglasses, sweat and some heat. It has been a weirdly frigid Winter in Georgia. Me no likey.

Lynn said...

Have a restful vacation filled with meditating!

A Fanciful Life said...

Hi Pam, just dropping by to say how much I love your page in our vintage valentine's fabric fat book! Isn't it just scrumptious? I see you are snowed in but the snow photos are beautiful. Daffodils are blooming here in California...I think it was close to 65 degrees today. However, it can change overnight so for today it was good. Enjoy your next two weeks.
Sharon :-)

Jan @ bobbypinsboardwalk said...

Yes, I want spring, so I'm going to be optimistic and say it's almost here (but it's still cold).... Glad I found you! I like the idea of an empty nest blog too! I left a message on your other blog, but I'll go ahead and sign up to follow this one. Let me know if you get the other going, and I'll follow there too!
Hugs!!!
Jan

stephanie said...

Pretty photos, Pam...Bet you have a ton of snow as I know we do here in southern Indiana! Stay warm, my friend...