Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Wish

Another Wednesday for wishing. Today I wish that it would snow for three days straight.


I wish that it was still snowing. That we had so much snow outside everything would be topped with a powdery hat at least 15" high.


I wish we had so much snow and wind that I would have to antique my photos to keep them from looking too desolate.


I wish even my dogs were sick of snow and would rather snuggle on the couch than romp in the white fluff any longer.


I wish the snow covered every bit of the landscape except for the tops of shrubs, completely changing the  view.


Oh wait... my wish came true!

I also wish I had a friend from Louisiana who is named Jodie.



I wish she was a talented artist and photographer.



I wish she was very sweet and generous. So much so, that she often sends me little packages filled with treats created by her own two hands.


I wish she liked to make lovely beaded trinkets to dangle here and there. Oh wait, I do... and she does!


I wish I had a list of like minded blogging friends who keep in touch with me and inspire me daily. I wish they would remain my friends even when I am a bad blog pal and don't leave very many comments on their blogs.
What? I think this wish is true as well.
I am so blessed in life. A warm home and a loving family. Dear pets to share it with too. Darling friends who think of me in special ways. Connections across the world who are all on the same page. Who prop one another up, give good advice, are always ready to share and who enjoy a good laugh and sometimes a shed tear as well.
I have nothing more that I should wish for because I have a life filled to overflowing when so many go without. I am thankful.

Have a day filled with gratitude, P.
Pin It!

15 comments:

Emom said...

Oh I am so glad to read this...
I know how you feel....regardless of what is going on, I still know that I am blessed beyond comprehension...thank you for putting it into words! smiles.

Lindsey Lou! said...

Oh lordie...I am so glad we're not getting snow like that in Atlanta. I can't wait to visit N'awlins (in March) where hopefully it'll be a bit warmer than it is right now. *waits for Spring*

thedomesticfringe said...

Do you really wish for that much snow? Really???

I wish it would STOP snowing and the sun would come out.

Hope all your wishes come true. :-)

-FringeGirl

Marilyn said...

Hey Pam.... I stared reading this & I was truly worried that you had hit your head!! Then I read on to the suttle sarcasm about the weather. We are getting it now...10" today & into tonight. We sure didn't dodge it this time!!
Oh well....I have some delightful homemade candy from you my dear that I plan on salving my winter weary mind... LOL!! Mmmmmmm.....
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Jodie LeJeune said...

This was a BEAUTIFUL post Pam...mostly because I was in it! haha JUST KIDDING!
I love all of your wishes and you have given me the chance to reflect on how lucky I am too...Thank you for stopping me in my moment of "poor me" as I do have alot to be thankful for.
YOU are on top on my list :)
Love you~
everything vintage

ps...Can I go play in the snow while you come down and clean my studio???? PLEASE!!!! ;)

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

What a fun post!

I wonder if I wish our three days of snow would STOP, my wish would come true!

Lovely treasures from your friend!

Debby said...

I love this post! You are a very good story teller. Hope the snow has stopped and you are very lucky to know the Jodie girl..hehehe..I think she is pretty special also.
debby

kana said...

Ohhh too much snow for me! Your dogs seem to be enjoying it. I like your goodies from the wonderful Jodie.

Rebecca said...

Hello
Such a nice blog, love your attitude girl. The snow is beautiful and I really dont mind it if I dont' have to drive in it-which I do but it hasn't been that bad here
Blessings
Rebecca

Jessabells said...

Your patio table looks like mine right now. We got hit pretty good this time around in my part of Pa. Now to shovel out of it. Your pics are beautiful though and it looks very calming and peaceful.

Scrap for Joy said...

I'm tired of looking at snow out my windows in Pittsburgh so I came here by way of Kana's blog and have spent the past hour drooling over your blog! Then I went and visited some of the blogs on your sidebar and got more inspiration there. Whew! Your art is amazing and your photographs are beautiful. I've signed up to follow so I know I'll be back...thanks for the eye candy!
Joyce
(This swap was so much fun! Linda Smith was my partner-she is a peach!)

Geralyn Gray said...

Great post!!!!!!!!! Sorry I have been a bad blogger.....I have been so lucky to be able to travel and enjoy some sunshine.....but it is still cold for Florida weather---it hasn't even been 60.

Linda said...

Now that is one boatload of SNOW! Hope it gets better for you and melts soon.

Blessings,
Lind.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Isn't it nice when wishes come true?

Teacup Mosaics said...

Hi Pam,
I'm finally catching up and want to thank you for your beautiful page in the Vintage Valentine Fat Book. I truly treasure it.
Don't you love blogging? It does make lots of wishes come true.
Happy Weekend!
Kelley