Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Perfect New Year's Wish

Beautiful words to start the year from author Neil Gaiman.





"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.





...I hope you will have a wonderful year, that you'll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you'll make something that didn't exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind. "  

Neil Gaiman






What else could anyone possibly say?

Have a lovely beginning to a fruitful New Year, P.

P.S. This is post 300! I will be taking a few days to get my New Year off to a good start. When I come back there will be a celebratory give away. See you then.
Pin It!

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great words.....
Can't wait to see your giveaway!!
...now, let's see...there was a book waiting for me....
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

Lovely quote - wonderful sentiments and wishes.

... and I really really want that big pink arrow!

Sue said...

Great words to start the New Year! Looking forward with much anticipation to 2010!

The French Bear said...

My goodness, 300? You need a rest!!!
Take care,
Margaret B

Its So Very Cheri said...

congrats on 300 posts

Cheri

Linda said...

Really love that quote...very inspiring. 300th post, Congrats!

Huggs........Linda

TinyBear said...

Hi
Thank you so much for visiting over at my place and for entering my giveaway.
happy new year
~ Tina

alice said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I love those words. Very powerful.
smiles, alice
ps have a good rest!

Kim said...

Thank you so much for sharing that lovely, inspiring quote. And, congrats for 300 posts! Wow!

trash talk said...

I'll be sure and kiss the mirror each morning! Enjoy your little break and hurry back...I think #300 has my name on it!
Happy New Year!
Debbie

vintage girl at heart said...

Happy Belated New Year!

Life with Kaishon said...

I don't know who Neil is but I LOVE your pictures. And the quotes are lovely!

luciwallis said...

I have taken a break from blogging, but recently started up again. I believe I have been to your blog before. Just realized you live in Cincy. I live across the river in Ft Thomas Ky! Small world. Enjoy your blog have a great Monday~
Bristol