Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Promise.



A happy New Year! Grant that I
May bring no tear to any eye
When this New Year in time shall end
Let it be said I've played the friend,
Have lived and loved and labored here,
And made of it a happy year.
Edgar Guest


Hope you all had a cheerful New Years Eve.
We certainly did. My husband's dear sis and her family visited from Chicago and we rang in the New Year with our second annual P.J. party surrounded by close friends and family.
We took a walk on New Years day to get some fresh air and revel in the chilly afternoon sunlight.



The stark winter landscape is lovely. The sunlight crisp on the naked branches.



Even in the cold winter light the promise of spring can be found.



Promise.



Have a jubilant day, P



Pin It!

4 comments:

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

It's a new year! I hope it brings you and your family much happiness and fun!

Lynn said...

I finally have a moment to catch up on my blog reading. My decorations can wait. No one will know if I leave them up all next month
I love your new year quote.
Happy, Happy!

trash talk said...

Beautiful quotes, beautiful photos and beautiful words...a triple lux!
What a lovely child.
Now tell me how you added the quote on your header. I love the placement.
Debbie

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh. So. LOVELY.