Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Peace and Goodwill (Mostly Goodwill)

Day 16, wow, so close. I was thinking in my befuddled mind. Should I have done this in the opposite order? Counting down, not up. Methinks I have done something not quite right. Well, too late to worry about that now, huh?
Here we are with Maija, of Maigirlz gorgeous little match box.
This little deer shadowbox is just too adorable. You know I love those deer. Check out Maija's blog for some more gorgeous eye candy.
Now, about that Goodwill. I have been avoiding any place that I might be tempted to spend money. Yesterday I was out and about for the first time in a while and decided to check out Goodwill. You know how it calls to you, right? Well, for less than $10 I hauled home a SCORE! Candleholders and restaurant saucers to turn into mini cloches. Can I get an Amen?
Three boxes of red and silver ornaments. Two Shiny Brites in original boxes and one a bit newer. I have plans for you my pretties. How about a Yeah!
A trio of matching votive holders. With my, ahem, over 50 discount these were 45 cents a piece! More plans for these too. Woo Hoo, cheer with me!
Last but not nearly least, I scored 6 milk glass custard cups to be used for tea lights on my mantle. I have always had Christmas lights incorporated into my mantle display. This year, in keeping with the less is more theme, I decided on candles. I bought the red mercury glass votives at Kroger's. I could not find what I was looking for until I spied these while grocery shopping, breaking my rule of not buying new, but they were so right. I did not want to spend too much and have been looking for something white to add. Perfection, at 45 cents a piece.
So all I can say is I wish for peace on earth and Goodwill...well...you know I love you.
Hope you find a treasure today, P.
Pin It!