Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A New Toy, the Buddha Board

  My lovely SIL Diana and her family arrived from Chicago yesterday bearing gifts. I will post her estate sales finds for Joe and I later. At the moment I am obsessing on Sadie's gift. Have you ever seen a Buddha Board?

We had not. Now I am thinking of ways to steal this from Sadie. (KIDDING! I think.) It is this amazing little drawing board that can be used over and over.




This is seriously awesome! With a bamboo watercolor brush and water , you can sketch away on the absorbent surface.




When you do, it appears as an ink wash painting that slowly fades away. Very freeing. No mistakes. Paint what you feel. Sadie played last night.





Shapes turn to faces. Just water! Can you believe this?





Then watch as your work fades away.


I finally got my hands on it this morning and cannot stop playing.





Just keep adding as the drawing fades.




I simply have to have one for myself! (greedy thing)





 This is so addicting. I did manage to pull myself away to share it with you my dears! 
OK, back to the drawing board. Literally.


Have a Zen day, P.
Pin It!

12 comments:

Marilyn said...

Interesting.....
....very interesting!!
Happy New Year!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

SeaWorthy said...

oooooooh! love it!

Wanda said...

That is pretty nifty. Happy New Year!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

oooooh

I'm off to find myself one on Amazon right this minute!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

update: I just ordered one from their website! I didn't get the fancy laptop version, just the plain ol' lay-flat-on-a-table version.

I can't wait!

LuLu Kellogg said...

What a wonderful gift!

Happy New Year,
LuLu Kellogg

Jan @ bobbypinsboardwalk said...

How cool. I'm wondering -- can you print the finished drawing on anything? I suppose you could perhaps scan it? I am very intrigued!

Jan @ bobbypinsboardwalk said...

How cool. I'm wondering -- can you print the finished drawing on anything? I suppose you could perhaps scan it? I am very intrigued!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.