Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good Bye 2009

  Time to say farewell to 2009. An eventful year here at Frippery Farmhouse.  High School
graduation, off to college, a new apartment, job loss, business start ups, a new dog and cat added to the menagerie, the never ending redecoration of our home, the general ups and downs of life. 


I love the sharing of life that goes on in Blogland. I feel for your lows and rejoice in your highs. You occupy so many phases of life, bringing memories or letting me know there is much to look forward too. Very often it is just the fact that we are all in this together and our experiences of life are much the same, that makes blogging so worth while.




Sisters and brothers on the same journey taking many different paths, but united in our humanness. 



I so savor the time I spend learning from you, sharing with you, hearing how you are doing and what is happening in your part of the world. Connection is so important. Of course we all have beloved friends and family. But I consider you friends as well, and relish the hours spent here.




As we close the door on 2009 I just want to say thanks for the inspiration, joy and sorrow, and just good old laughs. 



Good Night friends. Turn out the lights, tomorrow is a New Year.

Have a day of celebration, P.

Pin It!

15 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Perfect post and said so well. I have so enjoyed meeting you this past year and look forward to more of your lovely posts in the coming year. I hope you have a very Blessed and Happy New Year. Hugs, Marty

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

beautifully stated

I look forward to more in 2010 - 2010?!?! How did THAT happen?!

Geralyn Gray said...

That about sums it all up&&&&&&&if I didn't live in blogland I would not know about the budahhhhh
board.........what a great discovery.....love it!!! Happy New Year to you and yours!!!!!!!

zandra said...

Ditto! So, glad to meet so many wonderful people! Happy New Year to you and yours!
Hugz, Z

Lou Cinda said...

I love this post! It gave me chills....

So true.....

Lou Cinda :)

Linda said...

Well said and now on to 2010 and more adventures! Blog land has made a huge difference in my life, thanks for being a part of it.

Happy New Year!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Happy New Year to you too! May 2010 hold many happy surprises for you and your family!

The Elegant Thrifter said...

And a happy 2010 to you and yours! Stan

Sue said...

Thanks for the well wishes, Pam! What a great blog post to finish out 2009.
God bless you and yours in 2010! I have a feeling it is going to be monumental...

trash talk said...

Like I always say, no one can turn a phrase like you. Beautiful post...and beautiful photos. Jodie will be so proud!
Here's to 2010 and the good times to come!
Debbie

thiscrazybetty said...

hallelujah!

Lenore said...

You summed it up sooooooo well!!!
Don't we all have our ups and downs each year and then look forward to a new year with anticipation!
Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

Kris said...

Happy New Year to you too. I love your nighttime photos. The lights look so dreamy! Blessings, Kris

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

Wishing you all the best in 2010. Happy new year!

thedomesticfringe said...

Love your Christmas decorations! I hope your new year is filled with much joy and happiness.

Happy 2010!
-FringeGirl