Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, December 21, 2009

Frippery Door Decor

Today I have no matchbox to share. There was no number 21 included in the swap and we all decided we would make one of our own. I really meant to get to that. I still may, at least before I pack my calendar up for next year.
I still needed a post for today so I am sharing my simple, no cost, front door decor. A few years ago I chose this Christmas card because it vaguely resembled Frippery farmhouse. (At least in my dreams). I kept one and framed it to display.
  

This year I was looking for something less fussy to hang on the front door. I have been trying to simplify, as many are, this Christmas. Why not a picture of our home as I would like to envision it? I gathered bits and pieces I already had on hand from my boxes
of Christmas decor.



Some greenery and a plate holder (Dollar Tree) from last year. I cut the back leg of the stand off so I could hang the stand on the door.


I just slipped the green swag through the bottom section of the stand.

Then added one of those wonderful 3M hangers that are removable later. Oh, I just love these.


I slipped my framed card into the plate holder and hung it beneath the window on my front door.


A touch of ribbon, and I have a new, old bit of front door decor. Simple and easy. I may remove the ribbon after Christmas and leave it there until February.

Please ignore the scratched paint. Our lovely dogs "knock" on the door with their claws to let us know when they want to come in. It has been too cold to touch up the paint lately. (For the thousandth time) Bad dogs!

Have a simply lovely day, P.
Pin It!

11 comments:

zandra said...

Love the painted door! Mine is eggplant and I love it. Have a Blessed Christmas! Hugz, Z

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

This project is brilliant, Pam! Clever use of the plate holder!! I need to get some of those hooks!!!

Amy

Lenore said...

What a terrific idea, Pam...I must save this and use it for next year or...why not use this idea for something for Valentine's Day and/or Spring or any other holiday...fabulous!
Merry Christmas

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

clever clever idea - I love it!

and I love the color green on your door - it's pretty close to the color of my studio!

A Fanciful Life said...

Hi Pam,
This is a great idea! Looks terrific and I love the sled with the skates on it as well. Such a pretty look!
Sharon :-)

LuLu Kellogg said...

I love this idea. My front door on our 114 year old Victorian home is a bright purple! I love color and your door is wonderful!

Merry Merry,
LuLu Kellogg

trash talk said...

I'm still waiting for FFFF, my friend! Come to think of it, I'm still waiting to see a certain green coat!
One great idea after another!
Debbie

Marilyn said...

Not bad dogs..... That is how they "talk" to you!! Love the door!!
Have a Merry Christmas!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Very clever. And unexpected, which, of course, is brilliant! I really like this idea. Yea, Pam! Merry Christmas. ~Mindy

sew revived said...

Hi Pam,
Awesome idea with the photo!! I think I'll give it try with something for "A New Years" theme.
Miss You!
Sandy

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Your front door is stunning and the simplicity of your porch decor is perfect. Your door says it all! The small print with greenery and the sled speak volumes.
Have a wonderful Christmas, Pam!
Debra