Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

All Nighter at Frippery Farmhouse

Day 8 dawned early here at Frippery. This lovely felt covered matchbox with a touch of lace trim was just waiting to be opened.A flocked stamp adorned the back.

Inside the sweetest tiny home nestled in a snowstorm of glitter.
A foiled vintage image and and cunningly wrapped note were treasures to be discovered.
All the treats of Christmas were listed. I wait each year for peppermint ice cream. Delish!
Isn't this bitty framed image adorable? Kris Malone is the girl behind the #8. Visit her blog for more eye candy.
Just toooo cute for words!
If you hadn't noticed, I was taking these photos in the dark. Actually dawn. Art Major daughter had her last exam/critique today for first quarter at DAAP. She spent the night putting the final touches to one last project.
She used recycled materials and some new bling to construct this graffiti laden window frame.
The photo's do not show how sparkly this really is. Her prof originally wanted her to use rhinestones but price became a HUGE factor there. Seed beads and bags of craft store crystals still lent a contrast between cardboard and street art and diamonds and jewels.
She has been working on this for weeks but it always seems there is more to add when the deadline arrives. She went to bed this morning at 5:30 and set her alarm for 6:30. Do you think she got ANY sleep?
Of course this was not the only work she had to complete this week but it was the last! Phew! Now she has a break until January. What will she do with all that time?
We are planning a bedroom/studio redo for her. I am thinking of using this piece as the theme. Any ideas?

Have a bright and shiny day, P.
Pin It!

9 comments:

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Both projects are incredible, but what a contrast. You and your daughter are truly talented.

Hope to meet in the new year!

Stan

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

clever art piece - I like it a lot.

I hope next year I am able to get in on this matchbox advent swap - it looks like so much fun - I'm really enjoying seeing you open each one!

Hopemore Studio said...

I am really enjoying your advent swap pieces!

Your daughter's work is amazing. I think a mod cityscape redo may be in order for her room.

Angie

Cherry's Jubilee said...

great projects! cherry

trash talk said...

Oh to be young again and go to bed at 5:30 and get up one hour later ready to go! When did we get old or am I just talking about me?
She's such a talent, it always amazes me to see her visions.
Are you ready for tomorrow night?
Debbie

Kris said...

I am blushing! Thank you so much for your kind words and great pix of my box. I loved meeting you at Silver Bella and hope we can visit there again next year. I am enjoying your blog - and love the very GREEN art project.

Blessings, Kris

Geralyn Gray said...

Her project is great......I understand the expense part...we were able to see my daughter and son this past weekend and I started to feel stressed hearing all they need to complete in the next week. I can't wait to see what you two do with your daughters room,

sew revived said...

An all nighter?? I thought you were talking about Receipts...haha
Your daughter's project looks great! Hope her prof thinks so too!
Miss You!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

OH! That little framed pic! And your daughters project is fabulous as well!