Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The 17th day or More Correctly....

***Adding to this post today!!!! AAAAAGGGHHHH! One of my very favorite bloggers and author of The Find, the Elegant Thrifter himself, Mr Stan Williams, mentioned lil old me in his blog today!!! I am beside myself. Thank you Stan! Now quick, go see!!!!

OK on with the original post.
If I had done this correctly I would be at day 7 before Christmas, but, I goofed. That's OK these are wonderful to open forward or backward. Today is the other Pam K. from Silver Bella at Pamela Jane's Blog. Look how pretty this is. So much detail, and just wait...Are you squealing? How cute can a match box be? Pam explain's that she raised her children in Berlin and gnomes were a part of her decorating there. Love this one, Pam! Look at the icy snow and the mushroom cap, oh my.
When I was recounting my Goodwill bonanza yesterday I overlooked showing this straw wreath, kinda blah, right? Well I was inspired by Sonya to make something I have wanted to try for a few years and never got around to. I had this white garland for a while so I dug it up to cover the straw.
Then I gathered up the thrifted shiny brights, plus some extras I had already.
Glue gun magic. I almost could have left it like this. Fluffy and snowy. But I definitely go for the sparkle and shine.
Oooohhhh, pretty. Pink, red and silver. Yes!
Just what the kitchen window needed. Did I mention, less than 5 buckaroo's? Even better.
Go check out Sonya's, She has been a busy girl.

Have a shiny new day, P.
Pin It!

9 comments:

trash talk said...

It would appear to me that you are having way too much fun! I love gnomes...I have a couple that came from E.Berlin dated to right before the wall went up. Does that sentence make sense?
Anyway, the box is charming!
Debbie

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Great transformation! Stan

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

I LOVE what you did! And that white garlard WAS stunning...but I am so glad you continued on:) Lovely!

Geralyn Gray said...

Love that you are showing the swap everyday...each one is so sweet....love the gnome....your wreath is wonderful.......one more week.....eeeeeekkkkk!!!!!!

Linda said...

Oh my how have I missed your blog until now? Thanks you Stan for guiding me to this wonderful bit of Frippery!!! I have just finished reading all your posts going back to Thanksgiving. I am now a follower! Love the wreath and have enjoyed the advent matchboxes.....

trash talk said...

After I left a comment here, I was just strolling around blogland and visited Stan. When what to my wondrous eyes should appear...but a Christmas tree done up in ashtrays galore! How exciting for you and for me (you know I get to be famous too by association!)!
Big, huge, tremendous congratulations!!!
Debbie

Lou Cinda said...

Congrats on the feature ~ but we already knew how FABULOUS you are!!!

Love the matchboxes!! Totally LOVE them! And that wreath???

Don't get me started!! I love it!!

Lou Cinda :)

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am popping over from Stan's Blog to visit! I love the wreath!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

Warmly,
LuLu Kellogg

catworx said...

I love your thrift into treasure pix....your definitely have the knack for re-purposing...all your pix are so wonderfully festive, thank you for sharing it!!!