Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Work in Progress


This room has been through many changes in the 15 years we have lived here. It was our living room, then my hubs office, but on the original house plan it was the dining room. It has been painted four different colors and seen many different pieces of furniture arranged in various ways. It has never been a dining room....until now.My obsession with bead board wallpaper continues. I love it so much I ought to marry it. Speaking of marriage, my talented and handsome hubby made the window.
Ceilings are meant to be seen, not ignored.
We still have molding to add and a perfect chandelier for above the table, and pictures to be hung.
I am loving this fresh, country French feeling.
I am glad this room has returned to it's original purpose. Now, where is my cup of tea and that great book?
Have a cozy day, P.
P.S. Who am I kidding, there is no time for a cup of tea and a book. I am in the middle of painting a mural for a client with Jen of Faux Magic this week, I am feverishly finishing Silver Bella swaps, hostess gifts, roomie treats and other goodies, I am prepping for a Monday evening Lia Sophia jewelry show (my first solo), I have to get hostess packets out to my hostesses for parties, we have the Bengals on Sunday (Who Dey!!!) , I have to get my supplies for SB together , pack and find an apron for the theme night, squeeze in a day with my mom, ummm, I am sure I am forgetting something. Oh yes, try to find time to visit you all and see what's up in your lives. Plus I just remembered an estate sale that sounds like a must do tomorrow morning. Well, regardless of what I have finished I am on that plane to Omaha at 8 am Wednesday morning. Woo hoo, I cannot wait!!!
Pin It!

19 comments:

Lisa said...

That is a stunning room. The window is magnificent! Can't wait for the final touches.
Great Job.
Lisa

trash talk said...

SKA-WHEEEEL!!!! Pam, it is just three words and you know what three I'm talking about. I gotta get me some of that paper. Did you have to do any special prep to the ceiling?
You really do lead a charmed life and girl, you are a major talent! Loving the drapes (dropcloths?). Everything (including Receipts window) is perfect!!!
Debbie

The Tattered Cottage said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the window! You are so very talented and your room reflects that :) From your list it sounds like instead of a cup of tea you need a strong drink! :)
Hugs,
Toni
The Tattered Cottage

Marilyn said...

The room is beautiful.... OMG...that window makes me quiver!!
It's absolutely b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!
Can't wait to see the chandelier hung & the room finished!!
Love,
Marilyn

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

the room looks so comfortable and inviting! - and the window is fab fab fab.

Be sure to show us when the chandelier is chosen and installed.

Ticking and Toile said...

love it! I am totally in love w/ the window coverings...did I hear someone mention dropcloths?? And the window seat is so cute!!! All of it is.

It looks fabulous~ great job!

Shellagh

thedomesticfringe said...

Love, love, love the curtains! The room is beautiful. I wish you could come help me with mine.

-FringeGIrl

Jodie LeJeune said...

GEEZ Pam!!!
I'm pooped just reading about your busy schedule! I think I'll just scroll up again and relax in your beautiful new room.
..
..
..
..
..
..
Okay...I'm back. ahhhh, that was nice. However I buzzed for room service while I was there and no one came. hmpf!

I can't wait to see you Wednesday girl. Be sure and save some energy for us Bella girls!!!!!!

everything vintage

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

That's a great dining room! And what a woman you are! Running hither and yon and still rearranging and painting rooms in your house. Oh my goodness! I'm tired!

Lou Cinda said...

Stunning!! I used to wallpaper for people and I KNOW how difficult papering the ceiling is on the NECK!!! It looks FABULOUS!

I love it all and that window is 2die4!!!!

Lou Cinda :)

Lynn said...

It is coming together beautifully!

Emom said...

WOW!
You are one busy lady...and the dining room looks fabulous..smiles.

Cindy said...

Fabulous redo...love the drapes (drop clothes maybe?)and that window, my my my....oh, and the window seat. everything. Just gorgeous.

6p00d834524f6f69e2 said...

I like! Especially the window seat -- what a great touch in a dining room.
Kim
www.vintagepretties.typepad.com

The Elegant Thrifter said...

I don't know where to start. You are so talented, and the ceilings divine. Stan

Geralyn Gray said...

The dining room came out wonderful....our first house was a beach bungalow and the walls and ceiling were all dark brown beadboard....we renovated the whole house but kept the beadboard ceilings...it was what I loved most of that house...we have an old door from that house in our garage....my husband throws out everything and everytime I see the door---I say don't throw out that door!

Geralyn Gray said...

Oooooh I forgot to tell you how much I love the window---so much talent in one house!!!!!

zandra said...

Your room looks great! Have a great time at SB! Hugz, Z

Its So Very Cheri said...

I love the ceiling and it looks like some lovely treasures in those first pictures.

Cheri