Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, November 23, 2009

Swap Sharing (Sometimes Fat is Good)

I have been remiss in my posting about Silver Bella. Life has a way of messing up the most well intentioned plans.
My next few posts will hopefully be thank you's for swaps, classes, friendships, gifts and even a fab give away that I won!.
First of all Teresa McFayden, the girl behind the entire Silver Bella experience. Yippee! Without her there would be no Silver Bella. Thank you Teresa.
(How many things can I possibly hang around my neck?)

Then, before we move on, I won a give away on Rabbit Run Cottage blog. I received a copy of Julie and Julia which (Shocking I know) I had not read yet. I want to see the movie as well but I always like to read the book first. So this is a lovely touch of serendipity, no? Thanks Susie Q, I am thrilled!
The next gal on my list is the generous Michelle Geller who was the hostess of the Bella Holiday Fabric Fatbook swap. (See, I wasn't speaking about myself when I said fat was good.) She did an absolutely over the top job of putting all of these pages together. Are you green with envy, seeing red with jealousy? You should be. Just feast your eyes on these pretties my dears.
Michelle's cover is stunning. Love the fabric combination.
Catherine Aquilera's frosty pink and aqua page. Sweet wintery wishes.



Valita Baxley's cheerful combination of colors just makes you smile.

Hope Ellington has a way with embellishment. Just beautiful.
Michelle's own page. Are you in love with these colors?
Marie Jenkins added burlap and ephemera to the back of her creamy, dreamy page.
My page incorporated a vintage greeting card to set the color scheme above.
Cammie Pollack kept to a darling vintage feel. Her page had a pocket on back with a photo of herself as a child. Very creative.
Lisa Orme's ribbon tree in muted greens and raspberry is charming.
I somehow skipped a photo of Carmen Wagner's page. Absolutely lovely quilting and embroidery in shades of brown and cream. I will add one in my next post, promise, Carmen!
Michelle out did herself with this swap. A keepsake that will be cherished forever. Thank you to all the artists who took the time to share their talent in the pages of this book. I feel blessed to be among you.

Have a day filled with brilliance, P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! Delicious treat for my eyes!

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
~Michelle

Teresa said...

Nice stuff! Silver Bella sounds like so much fun.

Sue said...

Sooo Pretty! I had never seen a "fat book" before Silver Bella but now I am hooked!

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Blessings,

Sue E.

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

what a lovely treasure!

m i c h e l l e said...

Gulp...

Pam you are such a thoughtful
and kind soul! Thank you for
the lovely and touching compliments!

I am SO happy you loved the
book and am SO happy you were
a part of it! Your page is SO delicious!

Take care and hope our paths
cross again soon!

Happiest of days to you...
Michelle

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

What an amazing book! Each page is more beautiful than the next.

Its So Very Cheri said...

That is darling.

congrats on your win.

Cheri