Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Honest Scrap


I have been tagged for an award by Shellagh of Ticking and Toile. I have been coveting this one as I so admire all those do it yourself ladies out there. You know, the something from nothing types. My kind of girls!I am so honored that Shellagh chose me as I have been admiring all of her wonderful ideas and the fact that she says everything in her home including her dog, came from Craigslist. Love that! Now I must play by the rules and list 10 honest things about myself.
1. I would rather tackle any project myself rather than hire it out. I am cheap and I am always afraid it will not turn out the way I envision it otherwise.
2. My husband spoils me terribly and I encourage him.
3. We have 2 kids in college which always surprises me because they were just born yesterday and now they are almost my age! (At least the age I feel, tee hee)
4.I would like to spend most of my time making things. Art, home projects, crafts and the like.
5.I am a book and magazine addict. Home dec, arts and crafts and fiction mostly.
6. Like a lot of you out there my hubs has lost his job of 30 years due to downsizing so it is a good thing we are do it yourselfers because we are going to turn this bump in the road into a new phase of life, one in which we work for ourselves.
7. My other addiction is reading your blogs. I love them all. The creativity is endless.
8. I am constantly trying to lose weight. Any ideas? (What? I have to exercise and eat healthy? Darn!)
9.I have learned that as we grow older the important things really become clearer and what other's think really does not matter.
10. I laugh A LOT, sometimes inappropriately.
Now for the hard part. I have to choose 7 blogs to pass this one along too. Every one of you deserves this, for putting yourselves, your lives and your passions out there. I am going to choose 7 home and junk remodeling queens who have made vast improvements without vast expense.
Of course I also want to thank Shellagh and say "Back at ya, baby!"
Thanks to these inspiring junk remodelers and all the inspiration that they share.
These ladies have junk in the trunk in the best way possible. Check out there places and all the inspiring creativity! Make sure you have your tool belt on and your paintbrush ready!

Have a creative day, P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Geralyn Gray said...

Honestly we have so much in common!!!!!!!

myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com said...

Thanks so much for including me in your list of recipients! So nice of you!
I've already received this award and listed my 10 here:http://myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com/2009/09/honest-scrap-award.html
I am so busy this week and next that I don't even know how I'm going to find the time to blog. I/we are doing a show next weekend! I'm still building, painting, and haven't even begun pricing yet!
again, thanks for including me.
gail

Marilyn said...

Wow... after reading your 10 I think we were seperated at birth!! LOL!!!!!
Love,
Marilyn

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Thank you so much! I love awards. :) I did get this one a while back, but I will make sure to mention you in my next post. I really appreciate it!

The French Bear said...

Love the post, there is always something to learn about our blogging friends!!!
I do enjoy reading your posts and seeing all the great redos and projects you have going on, and I might add, that you finish!!! He he that is a big one with me, I seem to be a good starter but I really need to work on the finishing part!!!
You are a great inspiration to me!!!
Thanks,
Margaret B

Jodie LeJeune said...

I feel the addiction Pam...I just love your blog! I never know what to expect when I click...you are so full of surprises! Congrats on your award and to all of the wonderful ladies you passed it on to. I hope you and Joe's new beginning in life is awesome and the only regret you have is to look back and wish you both should have done this a LONG time ago! ;)
everything vintage

trash talk said...

I just assumed you had your children at 14...was I wrong?
If I was as talented as you, I could do some of my own redos,but alas...I'm not!
Debbie

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

I'm so flattered!! Thank you, thank you! I'm really bad about passing these things along but I will happily accept it. I really do appreciate it. :)
~Michelle